When Spa turned on Air blower does not come on. When the jet is turned on the Air Blower is on.

ouloveme

May 11, 2024
Hi Everyone,
I do have a pentair Intelli Touch i7+3 board. a bit of the story here. the spa side remote stopped working a while back. the pool guy cut off the cable and disconnected from the board. so these 4 buttons are SPA, JET, Pool Light, and Spa Light. I remember when I used the button on the spa side when I hit the spa I could feel a bit of jet coming out but not too strong I believe it was from the air blower. but now when I turn it on from the panel I feel nothing and I did check the Air Blower is not on. anyway but when I press the Jet button. the air blower is coming on. I'm not sure if the pool guy did any other thing on the wiring after he took out the remote.

so my question is, Is that possible for me to turn on the Spa and have the air blower come on as well?
Does that mean I have to move the wiring from the Jet and connect to the Spa AUX? or I take out the Air Blower and connect on a new AUX

I don't seem to have any option to configure on the panel besides just re-wiring for the AUXs
here are some of the pics that will give you guys an idea.
thanks in advance.

Spec
InelliTouch i7 +3
Pool/Spa Pump : Pentair Interlliflo VRBLE SPD
Jet Pump Whisperflo WFE-8
Heat Pentair MasterTemp ,Air blower Polaris pool system

UPDATED
thank you, I think I know what was going on now.
before the light for SPA and Pool were on the same AUX, and the Air Blower and Jet were separate. so the pool guy changed it without telling me. so my question now what is the correct way for me to connect the light together and AUX 2 or 3

how the wiring should be? Thanks the last picture

Attachments

• IMG_3552.jpeg
    IMG_3552.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3553 (1).jpeg
    IMG_3553 (1).jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    456.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3555.jpeg
    IMG_3555.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3557.jpeg
    IMG_3557.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3558.jpeg
    IMG_3558.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3549.jpeg
    IMG_3549.jpeg
    595.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

There is no SPA AUX relay. POOL and SPA are modes that activate the filter/pump relay and valves.

If you want the air blower to be controlled independently of the spa jets you need to move the blower power to its own AUX relay.

BTW, for safety and to meet current NEC you should have a GFCI CB for your pumps.

Reactions: ouloveme
Welcome to TFP.

There is no SPA AUX relay. POOL and SPA are modes that activate the filter/pump relay and valves.

If you want the air blower to be controlled independently of the spa jets you need to move the blower power to its own AUX relay.

BTW, for safety and to meet current NEC you should have a GFCI CB for your pumps.
thank you, I appreciate all the input.

Your signature is your about page, it gives us further information about your equipment. You can’t bind aux to spa, usually they are their own feature. But if your jets use the filter pump as the jet pump, a change of speed or flow could impact what you are describing. Assuming your aux 1 is for a blower and not a jet pump. A picture of the equipment pad or updated signature would help clarify.

Your signature is your about page, it gives us further information about your equipment. You can’t bind aux to spa, usually they are their own feature. But if your jets use the filter pump as the jet pump, a change of speed or flow could impact what you are describing. Assuming your aux 1 is for a blower and not a jet pump. A picture of the equipment pad or updated signature would help clarify.
thanks,I believe AUX 1 is Jet and Air Blower
Filter Pump is Pentair Interlliflo VRBLE SPD
Jet Pump Whisperflo WFE-8

I’m not sure why your jets came on when you pressed the spa button, it could have been a short in the failing spa side remote. You could increase the speed of the vs for the spa feature and see if this replicates it. This would solely be based on how your spa is designed. It’s normal for the Jet pump and/or blower to be on their own aux and moving any wires wouldn’t give you the outcome you are asking.

I’m not sure why your jets came on when you pressed the spa button, it could have been a short in the failing spa side remote. You could increase the speed of the vs for the spa feature and see if this replicates it. This would solely be based on how your spa is designed. It’s normal for the Jet pump and/or blower to be on their own aux and moving any wires wouldn’t give you the outcome you are asking.
thank you, I think I know what was going on now.
before the light for SPA and Pool were on the same AUX, and the Air Blower and Jet were separate. so the pool guy changed it without telling me. so my question now what is the correct way for me to connect the light together and AUX 2 or 3

how the wiring should be? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 0

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi everyone,
I have a config that Jet and Air blowers are on the same button press. now I want it to be a separate button. how can I do that
from the picture, it's currently wiring on the same button. I want to move the Air blower to Aux 2.
I hope the picture explains my situation.
Thank You
IMG_3562.jpeg

i cannot see where E, F, and Black B connect to now.

AUX1 has a Blue wire and two red wires connected to the load screws. Where do the blue and the two reds go to?

i cannot see where E, F, and Black B connect to now.

AUX1 has a Blue wire and two red wires connected to the load screws. Where do the blue and the two reds go to?
From what I see, they are 3 cable from Air blower
1.black which is connected to B on Aux 1
2.Blue is connected to believe to be ground panel
3. White is connected to another panel behind the gcfi have plastic behind it I’m not sure what that panel called.
I hope this helps

Jumper a wire from AUX1-A to AUX2-A

Move blower black wire from AUX1-B to AUX2-B

Change configuration for blower on AUX2

Done.