Prosper, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My pool finished construction in March this year. A month after pool start up, I added salt up to 2800ppm. In another thread, I was told the bottom of my target range is 2600. My last test showed I am now at 2600ppm salt. Should I add salt now, or once it gets to 2400? And when I do add, what should my target be when I calculate the number of bags I need to dump in with PoolMath?

When the SWCG complains of low salt, test the salinity with your test kit to confirm it is low. Then add enough to satisfy the SWCG.

What is the range that your SWCG needs? Do you have the owners manual?

From the Wiki
With the AquaPure 1400, the reading is in grams per liter, which is the same as 1,000 ppm. 3 gpl is 3,000 ppm.

If the salinity is above 4.0 gpl, the unit will cut off and give error code 145 (High Salinity).

The Salinity button C on the sanitizer user interface keypad can be used to determine salinity.

• 3.0 to 3.5 gpl of salt is recommended for optimum water conditions.
  • Low salt concentration below 2.0 gpl will cause premature cell failure.
  • High salt concentration above 4.0 gpl may damage the power center.
Make sure that the salt is very well mixed by brushing thoroughly at least 5 times.

If the actual salinity is above 4.0 gpl (4,000 ppm), the pool needs to be diluted to get the level below 4.0 gpl.

The manual says that the unit can be damaged, which could void the warranty.

Early on, I was told 2600-3800 is the target range for salt in my pool. The manual didn't come into play there, at least as far as I remember. I'm less interested in the min/max numbers provided by the manufacturer. I am trying to learn what the ideal midrange numbers are and what the ideal target is for adding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.