When is a good time to cut back on running all tests every day?

EndlessSummerAZ

May 18, 2023
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve got a 1 week old Pebble pool. I’ve been using a TF Pro every day to familiarize myself and to keep a close eye on test results. It seems like the last few days I’ve had stable CH and TA levels. CYA is a slow work in progress to get up to an ideal level so will check that every couple of days I think. Just added enough stabilizer via the sock method last night to bring me up to 30.

Am I ok to check PH and FC every day and perform the rest of the tests weekly? Or is it too soon and I still need to run them all?

Also, if I use the OTO test, how do I know how much liquid chlorine to add? I can run FAS-DPD every day but not sure if it’s necessary?

Am I ok to check PH and FC every day and perform the rest of the tests weekly? Or is it too soon and I still need to run them all?
Check FC and PH daily. The rest don't change much week to week. If they're stable week to week (once everything is up to snuff) you can go to biweekly for CH / TA / CYA / salt (if applicable).
Also, if I use the OTO test, how do I know how much liquid chlorine to add?
You don't, and it's why we don't use it to dose. It's a 'is there chlorine in the pool' test. It doesn't break you down into FC and CC and only tests TC. 5+1=6 and 3+3=6 tell two totally different stories. Plus it only goes to 5 and that's flirting with min for most CYA levels.

Use the powder test daily. If you want a spot check just to see that you're still good, you want the OTO taxi cab yellow, or even orange. (10+)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.