What's your current pool temp?

Mine slipped to 82 today. Was 88 on Saturday. The season is probably over for us as the nights are getting colder and the days highs are only in the 70's for this week. Probably be snowing in a month or two. Got a snow storm at Halloween a few years back. ?

72 degrees this morning :(.

It was still up around 80 last Sunday, when the kids were swimming (maybe for the last time this year). Water temp had still been regularly reaching 79 or 80 (by afternoon, after sun was on the pool for most of the day) for the past several weeks, despite coolish nights. Since Sunday we've had a couple of nights in the 50s, and not very warm during the day either. Even with a solar cover, more heat is lost at night than is recovered during the day now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
86 in the CA Central Valley, using a solar cover at night. Despite a 100 degree heat wave, not spiking to the 88/89 that we hit last week in cooler weather. I think the sun angle is changing enough that a tree south of the pool is shading just enough to reduce heat gain. I suspect we don't have much longer, but 86 for daughter's birthday pool party tomorrow isn't bad. Just bought the place this summer, so don't know what to expect, but until I got the cover we were struggling to get to 83/84 even back in August, dropping below 80 at night (it gets hot here, but it also is very cool and clear most nights)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.