What's your current pool temp?

75 in Dallas (covered by a shade tree most of the hot afternoon). Partner got in yesterday long enough to change out the light that burned out over winter. Will take a while longer to hit my minimum of 84 - 86.

82 and perfect today. yesterday it was 90 because I didn't swim or take the cover off Friday or Saturday...that temp is ok for floating around yacking on the phone or something but too swampy for exercise - and I live for my 50 circles. LOL

90. We have only had three 80+ degree days to swim so far, but I keep it ready for any potential nice days. Thank you, whoever invented pool heaters. And hey, with Corona, there is nothing else to spend money on anyway!

Reactions: Tiger56
90. We have only had three 80+ degree days to swim so far, but I keep it ready for any potential nice days. Thank you, whoever invented pool heaters. And hey, with Corona, there is nothing else to spend money on anyway!
Have you ever written up or posted about your heater setup? Do you have solar, heat pump or only the Pentair heater (I've got the same equipment it looks like)? And what it costs to run and keep the pool to those temps? Is it covered, etc? I'd be interested to know. I've got about 12K gallons and a Pentair 400K BTU heater, but figure it would really have to run full time to keep it heated to 86. We don't cover and have a lot of shade. It's made it up to 75 on its own.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have a free form 20x40 about 27400 gals. The pool is in full sun virtually all day. We have a pentair mastertemp 400000 btu gas heater. From a water temp of 68 or 70, it takes 10 to 12 hours to heat the water to 90, those full sun days help. This year I am turning the heat on only when I know we will have a warm day. Last year I kept it on the entire month of April and was surprised by a 700.00 gas bill, about 550.00 more than normal. Def learned not to just leave it on!

I hate this time of year. Warm enough for algae but too cold to swim.

I have a 40 kgal pool; it's too large to heat economically with gas. I heat the spa with a gas heater, but the pool gets only solar heat. Temp is almost there, pushing 80F. When it gets to 85, in I go!

Days like these, I wish I had a gigantic heater to heat the pool, money be gosh-darned [censored by forum].

We have a free form 20x40 about 27400 gals. The pool is in full sun virtually all day. We have a pentair mastertemp 400000 btu gas heater. From a water temp of 68 or 70, it takes 10 to 12 hours to heat the water to 90, those full sun days help. This year I am turning the heat on only when I know we will have a warm day. Last year I kept it on the entire month of April and was surprised by a 700.00 gas bill, about 550.00 more than normal. Def learned not to just leave it on!
Thanks for that information - I was hoping you had some economical way or if I spent the money to heat maybe keeping it warm wouldn't be as expensive.

Once we get to 80 - I will heat to 84/86, but all but about 2 hours of the day the pool is pretty much shaded by a Live Oak tree. In 5 years the pool rarely gets above 84 naturally even on the hottest of TX days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.