What's your current pool temp?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My pool has been a very comfortable 85 ish degrees for several months now. Living in the Phoenix area, it's pretty easy to keep my pool warm most of the year but this next week will be a challenge to keep the water temps below 92 or so. The forecasts for next weekend show daily high temps in the 120 range with over night lows near 90. Gonna get tough for a few days. lol.

What do you folks do down there to keep it cool? Leave it open and circulating at night? Run fountains? Cover during the day with limited circulation?

90 yesterday before rain, 84 after.

I run my solar panels at night to cool the pool.

That's absolutely true. When it gets so hot here that the pool water gets a bit too warm, I run the pump through my solar panels and also I run the fountains that I have. These things really help to cool it down. I don't have to worry about it very often but when it's that hot, sometimes we take drastic steps. Heck, even the tap water is too warm to cool off the pool.

86° yesterday - we have had mid to upper 80° water for over a month...

No solar heater, no gas heater - temps doing great thanks to our dark safety cover, running the pump 10am-4pm daily, and a darker pool finish. We haven't even had many hot days yet, and have had lots of foggy mornings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.