What's your current pool temp?

tbucs said:
my current temp is 88.. solar panels off all summer so far.. its still very hot in tampa..

I'm so jealous!

I wish it were hot here! Heck, I wish it we still had some more summer left! :( pouting :( It's so over for for me. :cry:

78°F in the yard today, ran the heater from around 4am and brought the pool up to 78°F for a swim late this afternoon. Probably the last swim of the season, but if we get some indian summer at the end of the month with temperatures in the mid 20's we might warm it up again. If not, I'm enjoying the low chlorine consumption. 8)

We're back up to 71; if I had solar panels we'd be swimming this weekend with air temps forecast for the 80's and sunny skies. That's my spring project! 4X8 panels, Goldline automatic controller and valving.

Kelly

Pools 65. Decided it was time to close so did that Yesterday. All wraped up and done for the year. Forecast in the low to mid 60s for highs for the next week and lows in the 40s. Yep, time to close er up. :cry:

I love our weather, but sometimes living down south would be nice. Then I go snowmobiling and that takes the pain away till next spring. Between the two, it gives me that happy balance.

Happy swims to all who can still swim.

We're up to 87 with solar on for a few days and a solar blanket.

The solar blanket will keep the pool at about 83 these days without the solar on.

I took the cover off Saturday morning for the weekend and was lucky enough to not lose all of the heat Saturday night. This morning (Sunday) the pool was steaming. If I leave the cover off too many days it'll get down to 76 pretty fast (the cover will limit the overnight drop to about 2 degrees). Too bad it's such a pain to put on and take off...

The water this afternoon was great! I didn't want to get out.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My six y.o. complained of the water being too cold at 82 on Saturday. I covered for the first time this season and seat the heat pump to run Sunday in the a.m. - It was a pleasant 88 Sunday afternoon. I hate that stupid cover, but it really keep you from losing heat overnight. I'll probably get another 4-6 weeks of use of the pool on weekends before I take the cover off and forget about heating it until March... Well - maybe for special occasions on warm winter days... ;-)

A very pleasant 87 degrees in the late afternoon the last few days. It has been very sunny and warm (upper 80s) during the day, no wind, and I keep the solar cover on all the time. It has been cool at night (mid 50s) so the water temperature yoyos about 5 degrees from morning to afternoon, even with the solar cover. Having it makes the water still swimmable - my friends that do not have solar cover are in the 70s for water temps.
We took the cover off this afternoon to give the pool a breather, as we were starting to have a greenish cloudy tint- pool got contaminated by my neighbor mowing his pasture last week.

We're definitely in the "must use gas assist" part of the season and will try and keep the pool going through the end of November (at 88F). The solar isn't able to heat the pool even on a sunny day and instead just keeps it from dropping in temperature too quickly. At best, the pool would be around 80F or so if there weren't cloudy (or rainy) days. So with the small loss during the day and the large loss at night, gas is needed to keep the pool warm (and yes, that's very expensive). My wife will switch to using an indoor community center pool for December through March (maybe part of April) but tries to avoid that as much as possible.

Richard

Not sure... We took ours down on Sunday. :cry: It's sitting in our back yard drying out right now. It was aprox. 47 when we took it down.

Unfortunately, our solar panels blew right off the roof last week when we had strong wind. The sun did a number on the white plastic straps over the summer. We'll use nylon or mylon wrapped steel straps next year.

Adam

I may get flamed for this....

My wife and I went to the Republic of Panama for vacation in January. We returned to the Tampa Bay area on Super Bowl Sunday (Feb 2). That week the weather was COLD. Lows in the 20's. The pool filter pump was running every night all night for freeze protection. On Thursday morning, when I checked the water temp, it was 64F.

However in this area we have a saying: "If you don't like the weather, just wait!". The following week (last week), it was much warmer with highs in the mid to upper 80's. The pool started to warm up due to the solar heater and the clear warm days. By Wednesday the water temp was up to the upper 70's. I told my wife that if the weather held, we could possibility go swimming over the weekend.

On Friday my elder step son checked the water temp and found that it was 86F. He immediately came over and he and his son jumped in. When I got home, I was also hot and so also jumped in. We were then joined by my other step son. First pool party of 2009!

This week the weather has changed to the cooler, with air temps in the 70's. A bit too cool to go swimming.

shame on you dschlic1...I just want to cry because i'm so jealous!!! I just went out to check ours pulled back alittle of the cover that is completely frozen with a block of ice.
I got one corner in shallow end up (to take a peek) and stuck my hand in....I thought I was going to cry in pain....that cold!!! :(
maybe I need to move to FL...this Ohio winter is just to cold :)

chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.