What's your current pool temp?

Currently 87 and rising. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my solar panels and blanket. It was 90 yesterday and my friend and I jumped in and swam for 4 hours before the mosquitos became unberable because it was 9:00 pm. The water felt WONDERFUL.

The solar cover is dong it's job too because our temps. have been dropping to the high 60's at night and the pool only looses 2 02 3 degrees overnight.

Adam

88 last night. We didn't swim yesterday, it was rather chilly. I expect it's lower today cause it was down right sweatshirt weather last night. I do have the heater set for 86 so I can't think it's lower than that. $184 gas bill....my bill last month was an "estimated" reading....I swear I read it right :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hit 89 on Mon and 90 yesterday. Too warm for us. Took off the solar covers and hope it gets back to 85 or so.

Can't figure it out. Last year I used as much gas in June as in Dec to heat the house. and the pool never got above 80. this year feels cooler and the pool has turned into a spa.

Mine is about 80 right now. We just had our pool installed last Monday and completely filled on Tuesday. As luck would have it :( we've had rain, rain, rain since then, at least most afternoons. So it really hasn't warmed up. Plus it is not set in FULL sun, but partial shade, due to a couple of trees. I know that's not recommended because of the leaves and all anyway, but we didn't have much choice as our yard is very small. We couldn't have had a pool any larger than 15' round. However, since we're in FL I fully expect the pool to get quite warm pretty soon. Fingers crossed. It's not bad now, but not as warm as I would prefer.

91 tonite, that is with solar panels only....cmon all you heater users, you have no idea how easy solar is, and best part...your attic stays cooler due to the panels cooling the roof down as well.

Cost to buy 3 4 X 20 Panels = $1,000
Cost to install Panels = $100
Cost for Solar Controller= $450

Free Heat from Sun = PRICELESS

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.