What's the pool light niche?

folubode

Nov 25, 2020
Hamilton, New Zealand
Hi everyone

I am renewing this swimming pool shell on DIY and got to fitting lights in the space (see the attached picture) but can't find out what's the niche and or what replacement will fit. The opening diameter is about 168mm and about 85mm deep. The shape shows it's a cone like with flat buttom. Local shops have not been able to help, looking on Amazon, Ebay is all confusing. Please anyone with experience. Would be happy to find the light casing or a replacement for that size on my pool shell. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-23-15-58-26-63_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-23-15-58-26-63_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 24
Welcome to TFP! :wave: We have experts here in the U.S. on this forum like @AQUA~HOLICS and @1poolman1 who might have seen this in their work. But I'm going to tag a couple locals like @AUSpool and @aussieta to see if they've seen this model niche used in your area.

Hi everyone

I am renewing this swimming pool shell on DIY and got to fitting lights in the space (see the attached picture) but can't find out what's the niche and or what replacement will fit. The opening diameter is about 168mm and about 85mm deep. The shape shows it's a cone like with flat buttom. Local shops have not been able to help, looking on Amazon, Ebay is all confusing. Please anyone with experience. Would be happy to find the light casing or a replacement for that size on my pool shell. Thanks
Not seen that here. Looks like the light may have been surface mounted, based on the holes below and to each side of the niche.

Hi everyone

Geday folubole and welcome to TFP,

your first hurdle is to run a trace and see if you can get a new cable through. I doubt you’ll find anything that fits the old mounting holes. I suspect you’ll need to fill those holes and start again with your own choosing a light that covers the old holes. I swapped out an old 90W halogen for an eBay LED about 10 years ago and its sill going. I matched it with the appropriate LED driver.

Geday folubole and welcome to TFP,

your first hurdle is to run a trace and see if you can get a new cable through. I doubt you’ll find anything that fits the old mounting holes. I suspect you’ll need to fill those holes and start again with your own choosing a light that covers the old holes. I swapped out an old 90W halogen for an eBay LED about 10 years ago and its sill going. I matched it with the appropriate LED driver.
thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.