What's The Most Helpful Advice You've Gotten From TFP?

Dump the pucks and buy bleach.

I still find it difficult to process sometimes - but as soon as my pool is released to my care from my builder - I have been a bleach girl.

1. Pool guy FIRED!!! (Was in the process of that anyway when I bought the house, but finding TFP sped it up after my starting attempts got jacked up by his own delusional math)
2. FC/CYA relationship. Probably the biggest thing in its own right.
3. Simply LOTS of tips and other info reading posts, as well as always getting a rapid answer to pretty much anything even if it's a stupid question :)
4. Borates. Wow, what a visual difference, even if other benefits weren't there.

Mostly, I'm just impressed by the time and effort the regulars put in helping others. I'd start naming, but I'd miss someone who likely helped me out of something!

Unfortunately, TFP does have some negative sides. For instance: There are some pools I will no longer even stick my finger in without feeling gross or wondering how much alcohol it will take to either not get sick or not care :)

I love TFP and tell strangers! LOL They would learn so much.
I keep telling my husband I need to bring my TF-100 with us on vacation so I can check out the pool chemistry at the hotels. (although I might NOT want to know the truth) !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.