What's One More Pool in Central Texas

Yes they are! These guys are here to work! I took the kiddo to school and came back; they already had everything set up, and are scraping and cleaning the shell. About to head outside and do the most important part.....VERIFY COLOR!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marla, I remember from your build you attached bottles and rags to your hose. Any particular type of bottle? I haven't tried yet, but I'd imagine a normal water bottle would be too small and a Gatorade type bottle too big?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just used a couple of empty water bottles. It lets the hoses float up as it fills. Also don't forget to put rags over the hose ends. Don't want that pretty plaster scratched!

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, they were the regular sized water bottles. Gatorade bottle would work too. I also used rubber bands to attach them to the hoses.

Looks awesome!! And that tape-belt pic is classic.

If you can update your signature with some pool vitals, equipment, size and color details that would be really helpful for viewers.

You must be thrilled! Has kimkats asked you if you've ordered your recommended test kit yet? http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparison

PS - And say "Hi" to Chip and Joanna Gaines if you see them around. :p (We love them in our house.)

Will update sig in a bit. Was actually planning on buying the kit today! Funny you mention Chip and Joanna. One of the Season 2 episodes (the one where the owner had to buy the lot next door in order to build their garage), was 3 houses down from my parents. Then last week my dad text me saying that they were filming the house right next door to my parents. What's funny is, their neighborhood is actually really nice (older, but nice). What's even funnier is that they people that will be featured on that episode have lived in that house for 6 months now and were told that they couldn't do ANY renovations until ready to film. I also coach my sons little league baseball team. One of my assistant coaches was on Season 3 episode ("Big Mike" with the shoe closet). It's good exposure for Waco which over the years has gotten nothing but bad because of a few morons. The one thing I don't like about the show, is that most people must have the impression that Waco and surrounding areas is NOTHING but older "Fixer Upper" houses.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, Big Mike! Funny. I agree on the good press for the local area, I say this living near a city that had a bit of bad press last year.

Looks great! Hopefully it won't take too long to fill.

What do these look like? Do they change colors? We need to find some light bulbs for our patio: Philips Hue color LED lights for Pole lights and Canned lights under porch.

Started filling pool at around 11am Saturday and stopped it at the tile line at 5am Sunday. Most all of our equipment is hooked up, except for the actuators. So nothing is running yet and we would have no way of draining the pool if the rains made it get too high. So on Tuesday when PB comes to finish up and do Pool School, I'll fill the rest. Made the mistake of walking outside while they were doing the acid wash.....they wear masks for a reason! Boys couldn't resist getting in, even though their teeth were chattering when they got out. Will post more pics once we get pool running and Hue Lights turned on etc..

Enjoy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.