what vacuum?

ioinva

Jun 3, 2020
VA
Last year I upgraded my intex prism 15'x48" pool with a Hayward skimmer and the corresponding return, as well as a new Hayward sand filter (filled with fluff balls), 18". This year, I would like to finally add an automatic bottom crawler, but... The Intex pump seems too wimpy at 2100GPH to drive the robots I tried. And I bought an Intex return-side vacuum, but that would have to fit into the Intex return, which I did not set.

Anyone care to share what robots they found that might work with the 2100GPH pump? (intake side, or something that would work with the Hayward return...

Which version of the intex automatic pool cleaner do u have - i had the old one & i just used some pvc fittings to attach it to my regular above ground return jet - i am assuming u have a Hayward return? It worked great with my intex pump & also with my new big pool. Mine was the kind with multiple hoses that linked together
F1AB21F7-2A31-462B-8F03-77C0D1C1D746.jpeg
C794BC61-FB98-4FB4-B995-51A19AC047B4.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ioinva
I just posted my setup of an Intex bot vs standard pool fittings and how I made the connection.

THANK YOU! Heading to Home depot's pvc aisle to see what i can find. yes, I mounted the Hayward return after I noticed that the Intex 1.5" return was narrowing inside to 1". It also required a larger hole in the liner, getting really close to the edge of the reinforced circle around the old return...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.