Sep 25, 2016
Reidsville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,
So, during a recent storm, the breaker to the pool pump was kicked when power blinked and hubby noticed it and we got everything turned back on again. But when I flipped the switch to motor, I saw what I thought was steam coming off pump motor because it was still wet from rain. It could have been smoke but I didn't smell anything burning so not sure. A while later, I noticed still water again in pool and tried to get pump going again, breaker was not kicked this time but motor would not start 2nd time. It's a 1 hp Hayward pump that has only given us trouble 1 other time in the 7 years we've had the pool. My husband usually would take it apart and try to fix it but has too much on his plate at the moment so I just ordered new pump which will be here Sunday. I have kept this pool sparkling all summer with no signs of algae using TFP method and I don't want to lose all my hard work and start over. We have a submersible pump sitting on steps to keep at least some of water moving and I had just added chlorine the day this happened(7/25). So is there anything else that I can do while we wait for the new pump and repair? I am planning to run the pool cleaner robot in it tomorrow.
Thank you for any advice or information!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.