roxygrlj

Oct 12, 2023
Gilbert AZ
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We had Shotcrete completed yesterday and were at the point of getting quotes for a plaster. My contractor typically works with products from national pool tile (mini pebble, stonescapes type). I have been reading on here about wet edge, technology, pebble, Tech, and diamond. I am truly at a loss as each one seems to say smooth but then still say can be rough. I hate that I lose chunks of my toes in other peoples pool. I am thinking this means I need a polished aggregate finish but am not really sure. Does anyone have recommendations for a smooth finish that doesn’t cause chemical balance issues or a lot of maintenance? Thank you

We had Shotcrete completed yesterday and were at the point of getting quotes for a plaster. My contractor typically works with products from national pool tile (mini pebble, stonescapes type). I have been reading on here about wet edge, technology, pebble, Tech, and diamond. I am truly at a loss as each one seems to say smooth but then still say can be rough. I hate that I lose chunks of my toes in other peoples pool. I am thinking this means I need a polished aggregate finish but am not really sure. Does anyone have recommendations for a smooth finish that doesn’t cause chemical balance issues or a lot of maintenance? Thank you
There are rougher and smoother versions of all those. Anything with pebbles tends to be rougher, diamondbrite is basically smooth plaster.

If you want smooth look at Hydrazoo polished marble finish. That is what I have. It is a hard finish that has a long life.

I got a bid (13k) for Arctic Coast and am having trouble finding reviews or opinions. I really wanted a smooth finish. We were quoted 22k for Primera stone and I just can’t do that. Waiting on a bid for Hydrazzo. I want to make sure I’m not spending extra for a bad product. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7747.jpeg
    IMG_7747.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7748.jpeg
    IMG_7748.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 17
If you want smooth look at Hydrazoo polished marble finish. That is what I have. It is a hard finish that has a long life.

I had someone come out for a quote today. Are you happy with it? It has the worse warranty of all the products I have looked at so far which makes me a little nervous.

I had someone come out for a quote today. Are you happy with it? It has the worse warranty of all the products I have looked at so far which makes me a little nervous.
I am very happy with my Hydrazoo finish. First run lasted 17 years and only redid it due it a rusting rebar area. Now about 6 years into the second layer and looking good.

I view warranty from the plaster manufacturer as worthless. It only covers material defects and costs of materials. There are unlikely to be "defects" in bags of plaster dust. The warranty that matters is from the plaster applicator. That is where the quality and cost is.

Reactions: Bperry
I am very happy with my Hydrazoo finish. First run lasted 17 years and only redid it due it a rusting rebar area. Now about 6 years into the second layer and looking good.

I view warranty from the plaster manufacturer as worthless. It only covers material defects and costs of materials. There are unlikely to be "defects" in bags of plaster dust. The warranty that matters is from the plaster applicator. That is where the quality and cost is.

They said they don’t have a warranty only covered by Arizona state which makes them have a two year coverage. This installer is the only one in Arizona that does Hydrazzo. Did you use Pacifico?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This was the color as the pool was being filled...

IMG_0159 (Small).JPG

and with water. You can see the color varies with the light...

Picture 159 (Small).jpg

IMG_4017 (Medium).JPG

Reactions: Saturn94
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.