chulinet

May 8, 2020
Sugar Land, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
For the past half a year, the pH and total alkalinity were a little high, and calcium hardness has been a little low in my pool water. Not sure if the chemistry caused the issue, but I observed a few spots where the surface was eroded badly, and one spot even exposed the white plaster(?) underneath.

Can someone tell from the attached pictures what type of surface finish it is? I believe there was a very thin layer of coating/paint over the aggregate/concrete a few years ago, and quite a lot of coating has been gone.

Is it a polished aggregate finish or just plain plaster (I know it's not white:)) or something else? Should I do anything such as resurfacing before it gets worse?

Thanks for the help!
IMG_0773.jpgIMG_0779.jpg
IMG_0774.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    486.6 KB · Views: 11
Impossible to say what type of plaster finish you have.

At some point you will want a complete chipout of the old finish and a new finish of your choice. Until then just maintain
Recommended Levels

For the past half a year, the pH and total alkalinity were a little high, and calcium hardness has been a little low in my pool water. Not sure if the chemistry caused the issue, but I observed a few spots where the surface was eroded badly, and one spot even exposed the white plaster(?) underneath.

Can someone tell from the attached pictures what type of surface finish it is? I believe there was a very thin layer of coating/paint over the aggregate/concrete a few years ago, and quite a lot of coating has been gone.

Is it a polished aggregate finish or just plain plaster (I know it's not white:)) or something else? Should I do anything such as resurfacing before it gets worse?

Thanks for the help!
View attachment 418077View attachment 418079
View attachment 418084
Thank you @ajw22. I will try to do a better maintenance job!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.