What size barb fitting for 2" Layflat Hose

Woody007

Aug 20, 2020
Midwest US
I'm trying to redo the waste line off of my multi-valve. My tubing is pretty heavy PCV (I think) 2" layflat. I've tried several different barb fittings but they all leak. I even when to the tractor supply store that used to sell the layflat. They had a fitting that felt right and had two barbs, one at the end and one halfway up. I've tried building up the barb with vinyl tape and used some decent claps too but they all leak past the barbs.
I messed up what I had working, trying to make it better. It's a thick wall piece of PVC that fits in the layflat, but now it's leaking when I put it back together.

I'll learn one day to leave well enough alone, but for now is there a specific type/model/brand of fitting that for a hose end for layflat?

You should use a hose clamp over the layflat and the barbed fitting. If it is still leaking, your fitting is the wrong size for the layflat, the layflat is the wrong size, or you are not using the correct clamp.

Can you post a picture or two?

You should use a hose clamp over the layflat and the barbed fitting. If it is still leaking, your fitting is the wrong size for the layflat, the layflat is the wrong size, or you are not using the correct clamp.

Can you post a picture or two?
I put some tape on the barb fitting to see it it would help, but didn't.
The tubing is snug and was had to push on but still leaks.
I tried both style of clamps and even tried both at once. Lost the worm screw, but was on earlier.

I hear what your saying about sizes and clamps. That's what's making me ask if this hose has a special barb or something.
Shouldn't be that hard, right.

IMG_6480.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6481.jpeg
    IMG_6481.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6482.jpeg
    IMG_6482.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
What does the Layflat look like when on the barb? Is it snug, or does it have enough material to pleat?
It's snug on the barb, especially where I put the tape between barbs. I put the clamp over the tape and it's tight.
I don't get why it wants to leak and it's pretty significant. Not rocket science, but I'm doing something wrong.
All I can figure is there must be a barb designed for this hose. I've used the one in the picture as well as straight piece of pvc without success.