What robot to get?

Needsdecaf

Jun 28, 2014
The Woodlands, TX
yes, I know, a lot of these threads. And I have read…and am confused.

My pool is small, 8000 gallons, and rectangular, with no spa. Steps, plus one bench. That’s 35x9. I had a Dolphin Warrior SE and it was “ok”. y Neighbor‘s Polaris sport does a better job but also takes off a surprising amount of pebble.
I have small wax myrtle leaves and also some larger magnolia leaves that make up the biggest volume of my junk.

I didn’t take good care of my old Dolphin. My biggest issues were mediocre cleaning performance and cord tanglement. This time will do a better job of not leaving the cleaner in the pool…it’s not like my old pressure side cleaner.

Speaking of which, I thought I might go back. But I just tested my pressure pump and it ran but no water came out. Can’t see how you would prime it? Keep in mind it hasn’t run in like 3 plus years so maybe a bad seal or something? But wouldn’t mind having the robot.

Thanks for suggestions. Yes I know about Marina Pool, that’s where I got the last one. Will call for recommendations but wanted to ask here.

I had a cheap smartpool cleaner that worked better than any I've ever had and the parts were easily and cheaply replaceable. Unfortunately it was started getting stuck on my main drains. I got a used Polaris P955 and it never gets stuck. Does it clean as well, I don't know, but my pool seems fine and I don't have to worry about the cleaner being stuck. Its like literally not possible for this thing to get stuck because of the 4wd and 4 wheel design. Does it climb steps and such, not really, do other robots do that better, a bit, but the "normal" design robots didn't climb my steps excellent either.

Have the Aquabot 4WD, 10 years and still going, but replaced with Aquabot SP200 from Target last year. Same bot, better filters and swivel cord. Works great (other than not for waterline). Now if catkins would stop falling so I didn't need to run it every day!

Attachments

• PXL_20230403_142530363.jpg
    PXL_20230403_142530363.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 34
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.