Annapolis MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’m always looking to improve my winterizing process.

For the past many years, I’ve been using a cheapo submersible pump to lower the water level in the pool. It’s works, but it’s really slow.

I’d consider using the main pump, but it’s way far away from where I need to discharge the water.

What type of pump do others use to get water out of the pool ??

This 1.6 HP monster is $83 and will finish the job hours before what you're using now.

I had a 1 inch backwash hose laying around so I'm currently using that. If the hose dies first, I'll upgrade to a 1.5 inch and it will drain even faster.

The pump matters but what really made a difference for me was upgrading the size of the hose. I was using the standard garden hose connector the first season and it took forever. Got a fitting for a 2” hose and made a world of a difference…same 1/2 HP pump.

Reactions: Newdude
+1

Thanks for the great advice.

I got the pump that NewDude recommended. It has a 1.5” discharge and I got 2” hose.

What used to take all day took two hours!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.