What material to use to create individual under-stair pads?

Ticojpunk

Apr 4, 2023
New York
I know they sell big 3'x3' understair pads, but a friend of mine said that algae ended up breeding under it, so we thought that maybe four individual supports we be a better move. Just wondering if I should just buy a regular pad and cut it, or if there is even better material that for another purpose I could get from Home Depot that would work well.

Our last pool had stairs and we used bath mats under the stairs in the pool and we had no problems. Our new pool came with a huge pad to put under the stairs which we used but we only had the pool open for 3 weeks before closing it down.

Since I never had an issue with the bath mat I am assuming we won't have an issue with this. Something we always had an issue with is the water inside the stairs ... our old stairs was white and translucent and it grew stuff in it all the rime. Nothing that a good slam amount of chlorine didn't take care of. 😅

Those big pads are like glorified yoga mats. I assume if you could find one of those cheap or a bath mat as vinny suggested & cut that up instead. I have steps with suction cups on the feet so I don’t use a mat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.