What kind of valve is this?

obiaseti

May 12, 2024
San Jose, CA
Pool newbie here so apologies if this is elementary. I've got an in ground pool with a spa and long story short while trying to find a way to turn on circulation for the spa I found this pair of valves. My best guess is that they are some sort of 3-way valves to switch filtration inflow and outflow between pool mode and spa mode. Maybe it's just missing a handle (I tried turning it with a wrench but had no luck so maybe not)? The make is Ortega if that helps. My hope is identifying the type of valve will let me fix/operate it and get the spa running again.

valve1.jpeg

valve2.jpeg

Reactions: obiaseti
Here's a link that shows more parts.
Given the price of the parts it may be more economical to replace them with Jandy never lubes. Maybe @1poolman1 can provide guidance.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! This looks like an exact match! Now I need to decide if it's worth fixing this or upgrading to a newer diverter valve.
If they are simple enough to swap out with Jandy valves, I would do it. The issue I see is Jandy's are wider than the Ortega valves and may require some modifications to the plumbing. You're in the best position to see whether it's feasible.