What is your heater/pump schedule?

airbur

Gold Supporter
Jul 4, 2017
Colorado
Howdy. My setup is below in the signature. I'm wondering how to schedule the pump/heater running. The last few years I've used an auto timer that turns both on at 6AM and off around 5PM. The heater only runs as necessary to maintain temp. I know this isn't optimal as each night the pool temp drops quite a bit and then the heater has to run hard to bring it back up the next day.

Are there any issues running the pump/heater 24x7? Is that typical? If the heater only had to maintain temp, I think it would use a lot less energy/fuel.

Opinions appreciated. Thanks.

I'm curious about this also, when the temperature is too cold for my heater I run my pump for 12hrs and when the heater is on I keep my pump on 24hrs. I'm wondering is the saving of turning off the pump overnight out weighs the cost of the the heater running for a longer period to get the temp back up. I guess one option would be stop the pump during the day so that the sun will keep the pool hot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.