What is your favorite summer drink to have by the pool?

Hummm some very interesting ideas [emoji848]looks like I see some more experimenting in my future [emoji2][emoji482]

Icy Cold Laxas Albarino. Dry white wine from Spain. Banana on the nose, fruity burst on the palate, mineral on the finish.

It just got all hoity toity up in here. :mrgreen:

Water, a friend of a friend named Bill Wilson said water was the best thing for me to drink in this Gulf Coast Paradise !
Anybody else?

Your friend of a friend sounds boring. :laughblue:

Water, a friend of a friend named Bill Wilson said water was the best thing for me to drink in this Gulf Coast Paradise !
Anybody else?

While I am not a friend of Bill, I always drink tons of water in between other tasty beverages, especially in the heat. One kidney stone taught me that lesson!

My go-to drink is Maker's Mark with Coke Zero. However, if I am having a lot of people over (party, holiday, gameday, etc.) and I'll be drinking for a while in the hot sun, I get Terrapin Recreation Ale. RecreationAle - Terrapin Beer Company

I find that most beers that taste good are also very filling, which makes drinking them all day in the hot sun (by the pool or at the beach) not so easy. Of course, the cheap domestic light beers aren't as filling, but they taste terrible. I find this Recreation IPA to be a decent balance of not filling, yet still tasty.

Sometimes I add a touch of water to my scotch :p

Anybody else?

- - - Updated - - -

Good points GPO...I will look for it.

My go-to drink is Maker's Mark with Coke Zero. However, if I am having a lot of people over (party, holiday, gameday, etc.) and I'll be drinking for a while in the hot sun, I get Terrapin Recreation Ale. RecreationAle - Terrapin Beer Company

I find that most beers that taste good are also very filling, which makes drinking them all day in the hot sun (by the pool or at the beach) not so easy. Of course, the cheap domestic light beers aren't as filling, but they taste terrible. I find this Recreation IPA to be a decent balance of not filling, yet still tasty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here you go, Pookie. And it’s from a vegetarian website, so, healthy! Score!

[h=3]Ingredients[/h][FONT=&quot]
  • 2 wedges lime
  • 2 chunks pineapple
  • 4 mint leaves
  • 1 1/2 ounces Bacardi Superior Rum
  • 1 1/2 ounces pineapple simple syrup (recipe follows)
  • ice
  • club soda (soda water)
  • pineapple wedges for garnish (optional)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=4]Pineapple simple syrup:[/h]
  • 1 cup pineapple chopped (can use a blender)
  • 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or more, to taste)
  • 1 cup water
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=3]Instructions[/h][h=4]To make the pineapple simple syrup:[/h]
  • Simmer the 1 cup chopped pineapple, coconut sugar, and water over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add more coconut sugar to achieve desired level of sweetness.

• Allow to cool and refrigerate until ready to use.

[h=4]To make a mojito:[/h]
  • In a tall glass, add the lime, pineapple chunks, and mint leaves. Muddle a few times to release the flavors.

• Add the pineapple simple syrup and rum.

• Give it a stir.

• Add ice cubes to fill the glass.

• Top with club soda.

• Garnish with a wedge of pineapple, if desired. Enjoy!

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=3]Recipe Notes[/h]Add more coconut sugar if you prefer a sweeter beverage or if your pineapple isn't very sweet.
[/FONT]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.