What is this ????

I might have to move.

Look up "sea squirt larvae" or tunicate larvae. They look like this......but no idea how they'd get in your pool in Missouri unless you've been throwing sea shells in the pool or some other sea-borne items. Wierd.

Phallusia nigra_larva.jpg

My wife touched them while cleaning the pool and it was slimey and she flipped out ..
she has a major issue with frogs and thought it was the beginning of a tadpole .. She yelled for me and I'm a big discover channel watcher big into science guy but sat there in disbelief for about 10 minutes because I honestly have never seen anything like this before. If it was one I could chalk it up to something believable but there were like a Colony of them in the net .. All seemed lifeless but looked to have been alive at some point. Just creepy and weird like a mini freshwater jellyfish I really am clueless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to drive me nuts. The tail thing is a flagellum , just like a sperm and would clearly allow it to be motile in the water. But what the heck would get in your pool! Have you introduced anything new unto the pool that could "hatch" these things? Gotta figure this one out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Burn down the house!!!
Fill in the pool!!!
Move to another state!!

No, Make that another country!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.