What is this?

mattafact

Dec 2, 2022
Charleston, SC
Hello TFP Experts!

I am in Charleston, South Carolina and recently there has been a strange substance floating at the top of my pool. We are mostly surrounded by pine trees, but I'm not sure if they are the culprit. Does anyone know what this might be? Thanks in advance!
img_6267-jpg.488270

Attachments

• IMG_6267.jpg
    IMG_6267.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 82
Looks like pollen or tree dropping of some sort. It is that time of year.

Reactions: mattafact
Looks like cottonwood seed, or some seed similar to that. That stuff can travel a long way on a good breeze so not having the tree right in the yard wouldn't prevent it from happening.

Check your lawn or in the pine trees to see if there's fluffy stuff appearing. If that's what it is, the pool is a magnet for it (can't blow away once it gets wet) and you'll have to clean the skimmer out a couple times a day during the seeding season.

Looks like cottonwood seed, or some seed similar to that. That stuff can travel a long way on a good breeze so not having the tree right in the yard wouldn't prevent it from happening.

Check your lawn or in the pine trees to see if there's fluffy stuff appearing. If that's what it is, the pool is a magnet for it (can't blow away once it gets wet) and you'll have to clean the skimmer out a couple times a day during the seeding season.
Looks like that is what it may be. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.