What is this water Spigot for?

Bumblebee Legacy

Jan 18, 2024
Florida
I have an older pool with no valves visible. The only thing that I can see is a water Spicket that comes off of my pool pump that has a cap on it. What is that for? What should I do with? It should be turned on or off or or does the green cap turn it off? Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 40
This whole section looks sketchy and you should replumb before it pops loose.

The reducer is not schedule 40 and it is not fully inserted, which means that it will pop loose very easily under pressure.

1705683589276.png

Reactions: DavidArmenB
I have an older pool with no valves visible. The only thing that I can see is a water Spicket that comes off of my pool pump that has a cap on it. What is that for? What should I do with? It should be turned on or off or or does the green cap turn it off? Thank you.
Not sure what the builder intended but mine indicated the spigots were they to allow you to blow out the lines, which I did for my water features before the recent freeze in TX. One of these or any RV garden to air hose adapter would allow you to attach an air compressor and blow out your lines. It's not as effective is the high powered blowers and I did have to drain my filter to do it but it was worth it to give me piece of mind for my water features. Didn't get all the water out but enough to protect my water features that I didn't want icing up during the freeze.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.