What is this top pipe?

Joogle

May 14, 2021
Orlando
Can someone tell me what is the top pipe for?

It was not connected to anything. I am having a remodel done with an extension and these pipes were underneath .
The pool pipes were routed before and the pump/filter are operating fine but I am confused by this pipe.

Here are some notes:
1) Pool is from 23 year old home.
2) Skimmer has two holes, one has sand filled in and the other is for the filter.
3) There is no vacuum line in this pool.
4) The contractors poured concrete in this space as we did not know what this pipe is for they ran it to the top, unfortunately it’s not ideal situation as it doesn’t help the situation - they should have ran it to the side.

My only option is to cut the pipe at the ground level and cap if for now.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8746.jpeg
    IMG_8746.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    505.6 KB · Views: 17
Thank you James this was very helpful. I guess since it was buried underneath and the contractors now put a pipe out to the top, what can I do to vote or make it more esthetic with the ground floor? The contractors didn’t run the line to the side and just added a pipe to the top where really it will turn into a sitting area

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.