Jun 27, 2020
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
And what do I do with it???
Pool builder left it and never sent electrician back to install it. I *think* it’s a water temp sensor for the salt chlorination but not sure. Tired of dealing with the PB so I’m wondering who I should call to install this and where. It was left outside so the label wore off IMG_2845.jpeg

Yes, it is your water temperature sensor.

A hole needs to be drilled in the PVC pipe between the pump and filter for the sensor to be clamped on the pipe. An electrician may feel that is a plumbers job.

Attached is the installation instructions for the Pentair water temperature sensor. It should be the same for Hayward.

Attachments

• temperature-sensor-install-guide-intellicenter-easytouch-intellitouch-suntouch-and-compool-eng...pdf
    493.9 KB · Views: 2
Looks like the Hayward Temperature sensor requires a 5/16 hole to be drilled.

The AQR S3 Omni is packaged with two temperature sensors, one for water and one for air.

Water Sensor

This sensor measures the pool/spa temperature and is used for heating.

It is installed in the filtration plumbing after the filter but before either the solar or conventionally fueled heaters.

1. Drill a 3/8” (10mm) diameter hole in the PVC piping and remove all chips and burrs.

2. Insert sensor until O-ring collar sits flush on the hole.

3. Position hose clamp over the sensor and gently tighten until O-ring makes an adequate seal.

Do not overtighten.

Air Sensor

This sensor is used to provide recirculation freeze protection.

Mount the air sensor outdoors in a space that is not in direct sunlight or subject to heating/cooling from other sources.

Solar Sensor

For solar applications, mount the sensor near the solar collector array so that it is exposed to the same sunlight as the collectors.

Use additional cable (20 AWG) if necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.