Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I'm really not sure what this is? See picture

What I'm referring is that pinkish stuff... No texture difference, doesn't brush off with nylon or steel bristles. Can be seen throughout pool, visible mostly on surfaces that are at shallow depth.

Water chemistry has been normal, no issues with standard testing.
20240317_170918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that looks *interesting* for sure.

You say the standard testing shows good levels. What are you using to test with?

How long has the pick been going on?
Probably been 4-5 months, was really faint at first and I thought my eyes were just playing tricks on me. I have water guru testing daily and take my water sample to Leslie's every couple of weeks. Only thing out normal has been copper at a peak of 0.5 ppm, added CuLator power pak bag to skimmer to lower the copper, it's down to 0.4 ppm. Iron is 0 consistently. Converted the pool to salt about 3 months ago.

The blue is probably copper.

What is the CYA level?

Copper Cyanurate is a purple color, so high CYA can combine with high copper to produce a red or purple color.

Did you do the Vitamin C test as recommended?

The blue is probably copper.

What is the CYA level?

Copper Cyanurate is a purple color, so high CYA can combine with high copper to produce a red or purple color.

Did you do the Vitamin C test as recommended?
CYA level used to be high when I bought the house, I changed some water it to bring it down (was 160ish brought it to 50). I did that water change around the time I converted it to salt, about 3 months ago. I don't recall having a high copper measurement around that time.

I have to go find a vitamin c test but did try it with half a lemon (seemed plausible but I'm not sure if it was effective and plan to do the vitamin c tablet soon). The lemon version did not show a change...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support