What is the name of this part of the plumbing below the multiport valve assembly handle?

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
What is the name of the beige piece of plumbing below the multiport valve assembly handle that my fingers are pointing to? And how difficult is it for a layperson to change?? Mine is cracked and leaking, so I need to get it changed out soon. Does anyone have a link to a thread or video that I can refer to? Debating on whether to call a pool guy in on this one. I just bought a new handle and was replacing it when I noticed this. Looks like I should have just changed the entire assembly out?

Attachments

• 20221016_135545.jpg
    20221016_135545.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 20
  • 20221016_140236.jpg
    20221016_140236.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
What is the name of the beige piece of plumbing below the multiport valve assembly handle that my fingers are pointing to? And how difficult is it for a layperson to change?? Mine is cracked and leaking, so I need to get it changed out soon. Does anyone have a link to a thread or video that I can refer to? Debating on whether to call a pool guy in on this one. I just bought a new handle and was replacing it when I noticed this. Looks like I should have just changed the entire assembly out?
Unfortunately, the name is "broken multiport valve." Unfortunately, because the body that is broken is not available separately in any list I have ever seen.

Maybe I'll just keep the new handle (since they only last a few years) to use a replacement and just buy a whole new assembly with that bottom piece.

Any idea how hard it is to change out?
The valve itself attaches to the tank with bulkhead fittings. After that, you may find that even though the new one has the same number, it could be slightly different in dimensions. Not sure if that is a PacFab or Pentair Triton filter or the age of the valve (Pentair bought PacFab and made minor changes in virtually everything).

Not hard to do if you are careful and pay attention to inlet and outlet ports, which may have changed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.