jhendric23

Jul 15, 2022
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We closed our pool last year with some iron stains on the vinyl liner surfaces. We identified the stains as iron by using Vitamin C tablets. It was too late in the season to bring the pool to 0 FC and then wait to SLAM for closing. So we closed the pool and just opened it back up. After doing a SLAM our pool is clean and algae is all gone. Now I am looking to do an AA treatment to get the iron back into solution for removal. I have read the articles and ordered the AA from Amazon. My question is what is the best sequestrant to use? I have a sand filter so how do I filter out the sequestered iron? I have purchased a hose filter for my fill water which is municipal water so the new water will not return any iron. Not sure what the source is since this is the first time in 15 years of having these stains.

25K gallon vinyl liner pool with tablet chlorinator (mostly use liquid). VSP, sand filter, no SWG, no heater. NJ-Pool temp ~60°F

Jack's magic the pink stuff, should work, but you'll have to continue usage to keep it fully stain free.

If the iron is out of solution after adding chlorine and the water turns green, you can put poly fill in the skimmer to try capturing the iron, but it won't work after the sequestrant puts it back in solution and the green tint goes away.