What is everyone's occupation/profession?

Wow - can't believe I'm the first one to post this: I'm a pool guy and own my own business... and LOVE IT! Best job in the world. :cheers:

And the continuing education I get on TFP (and return tips when the smarter-guys-in-the-room aren't logged on), has really kept me current and "smarter" than most of my competitors :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

[Edited to note - of all the pools I care for, mine seems to get the most neglect]

I'm an IT manager after many years of working as a developer in a software development shop that specializes in third party processing of electronic payments for financial institutions (credit cards, mobile payments, etc.).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Power generation/Control Room Operator

04101605.jpg

OK speedo - you opened the door - so I'm going to shamelessly jump in.

I'm recently unemployed - as of last week - from a large land development company in the Florida panhandle.

So - here's my story:

Sr. Civil Engineering Designer

I have extensive experience (22 yrs) in a variety of civil works projects, including industrial, commercial, aviation and residential related site design and development, as well as highway, sanitary sewer and drainage design. I am well versed in the use of AutoCad 2011, Land Development Desktop 2008 and AutoTurn 7.0 with some experience in Civil 3D (2010) and Microstation V8 (FDOT trained), as well as GIS software such as ESRI’s ArcView 3.1.

I have also been completing engineer’s construction cost opinions and quantity take-offs my entire career for municipal and private client projects with estimates from under $1M up to $100M. Most recently I have been generating preliminary site layouts, feasibility cost estimates and quantity take-offs for proposed commercial site development within the West Bay Business Center’s VentureCrossings development near the new Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport near West Bay, FL.

I have also been intimately involved with infrastructure design as well as construction cost estimates for various large residential developments in northwest, Florida, including the feasibility cost estimate report for Community Airport Redevelopment in their successful bid for the Bay County FL / Panama City Airport Redevelopment project.

I'm open to relocation and available immediately.

References are available upon request.

BTW - My wonderful wife has a BSN/MHA with 30+ yrs in the OR (Director - Surgical Services - ENT, ortho, eyes, hands, etc.) and would love to find a "home".

Sorry for the shameless networking - but hey - what are friends for? :cheers:

Mike

Interesting question...I am the director of an assisted living( Supported Living) agency that provides not only staff support but homes for people with developmental disabilities across the northern two thirds of Indiana. It is by far the most rewarding job I have ever had.

My better half teaches first grade. And boy does she have stories.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mynewpool said:
Cherylr said:
Kindergarten teacher...off all summer. Woohoo!

Cheryl
Kenton TN
21200AG

Yea, but you do a lot of work in those months you work. My wife is a teacher and teachers are underpaid and over worked.

I am a teacher, too and according to SB5 and Governor John Kasich, teachers are the scum of the Earth and the cause of all evil. Cops and Firemen, too.

Thank you for the kind words. Many of us also spend many many hours in school during the summer BUT I also jump in the pool whenever the mood hits me because "WE'RE OFF ALL SUMMER!!!" WOOT!!! :party:

Well, this used to be a simple question :) untill last year I worked as a dietician in a nursinghome and the hospital and on my days of I worked for a temp agengy as a residential counselor for mentally handicapped people. This year I spend my time planning our wedding, working for my husband (he has his own compagny in customer service) answering emails and learning how to deal with my Spa :) We work from home: better for the environment, no more commute and very convienient; I can jump in the Spa whenever I feel like it ;)

mynewpool said:
Cherylr said:
Kindergarten teacher...off all summer. Woohoo!

Cheryl
Kenton TN
21200AG

Yea, but you do a lot of work in those months you work. My wife is a teacher and teachers are underpaid and over worked.

here here. Teachers get no credit for having to be "ON" every day. My wife teaches too. And summer vacation isn't nearly long enough. She is just finishing up as I type...and has to be back August 17th.

cubbybeave08 said:
I went home for lunch and vacuumed the pool

I wish my building was close enough to home where I had enough time to get in the pool. I spend the majority of my lunch driving, but I would rather that than stay at work :) Plus doggie likes to go out :thequeen: she's spoiled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.