What is a good pump for my pool heater system??

terryking

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2012
West Topsham, Vermont USA
Hi Everyone,

I have three "
Eco Saver Solar Panel Pool Heaters
" in series. I now feed pool water from a Tee on the main returns with a "irrigation" valve I control depending on temperatures etc. But I have a 2HP pump and it burns a lot of electricity when I want the heater working 8+ hours a day.
I would like to add a small pump just for the pool heater. I'd pick off pool water directly and feed the heater.
Now i seem to be moving about 10 Gallons per minute, which is enough to keep the heater output below about 100F max. There is only about 6 feet of head to the pool heater top. So it seems a small lower-power pump would work for this.
Any suggestions?? Sources/Prices?? I would be OK with "Garden Hose" fittings if necessary...
I'll post what I do and how it works...
THANKS!

Hi; Sorry I wasn't clear; I am thinking about a separate small pump only for the solar heater system.
I usually run the main pump 2 hours at 2AM and 2 hours at 2PM and 10 minutes on the chlorine pump at the beginning of those cycles.
I'm thinking about the electrical cost of running the main pump 9AM to 5 PM most days just to operate the pool heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.