What Hayward DE Filter and Multiport

bhuels

Feb 11, 2013
Hi I have a 27k gallon inground pool. I currently have a 2 Hp motor, all the plumbing is in 2” pipping, Hayward DE2420 filter that is bad and needs replaced. The filter unit is almost 10 years old, so I just want to replace to whole unit not just the DE filter insert. Can anyone recommend a Hayward De filter and Multiport model I should use for this size pool?

Hi I have a 27k gallon inground pool. I currently have a 2 Hp motor, all the plumbing is in 2” pipping, Hayward DE2420 filter that is bad and needs replaced. The filter unit is almost 10 years old, so I just want to replace to whole unit not just the DE filter insert. Can anyone recommend a Hayward De filter and Multiport model I should use for this size pool?
Your filter now is 24 sq. ft.

In no particular order (other than alphabetical) this is what is available:

If you want to stay with Hayward - Hayward Pro-Grid 60, W3DE6020 with Hayward valve SPR0710XR50.
Pentair EC-188592, 60 sq. ft. Quad DE filter with Pentair valve 261152.
Pentair FNS 180009, 60 sq. ft. DE filter with Pentair valve 261152
Waterway Crystal Water 570-0060-07 60 sq. ft. DE filter with Waterway valve WVD002.

If you have a MPV on your Hayward valve, it should fit the Hayward filter.
You can go smaller, but shouldn't go less than 48 sq. ft. with that monster pump.
Except for the Quad 60, all DE filters have virtually the same performance and, usually, the same grids are used between brands.

The Quad 60 uses DE cartridges. If that is chosen, be careful about the MPV plumbing as the directions are different.

Reactions: bhuels
Your filter now is 24 sq. ft.

In no particular order (other than alphabetical) this is what is available:

If you want to stay with Hayward - Hayward Pro-Grid 60, W3DE6020 with Hayward valve SPR0710XR50.
Pentair EC-188592, 60 sq. ft. Quad DE filter with Pentair valve 261152.
Pentair FNS 180009, 60 sq. ft. DE filter with Pentair valve 261152
Waterway Crystal Water 570-0060-07 60 sq. ft. DE filter with Waterway valve WVD002.

If you have a MPV on your Hayward valve, it should fit the Hayward filter.
You can go smaller, but shouldn't go less than 48 sq. ft. with that monster pump.
Except for the Quad 60, all DE filters have virtually the same performance and, usually, the same grids are used between brands.

The Quad 60 uses DE cartridges. If that is chosen, be careful about the MPV plumbing as the directions are different.

Thanks for the help, that’s what I was leaning towards. I think going with the 60sqft would help compared to the 24sqft with less backwashing. I just have a straight port right now, so since I was going to have to replumb it I figured I would go with the MPV.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.