What do I do with these Test results?

I am on city water. I may have to call and let them know I'm having to refill a pool. I think I read somewhere that I should let them know.
Many municipalities even give price breaks for filling a pool.

At some point, (no rush) do a complete set of tests for your fill water so you will know in advance if you need to make any corrections.

Hi oldpool4639. Not much help here other to say I am going through the same thing a few miles North of you in Plano. I drained yesterday and am filling today with the clouds and rain today it seems I picked a good time. You could just wait until the next big rain event then do it couldn't you? Or it might be crazy, but if you are worried about the plaster drying out in the sun, could you not just put an old style oscillating sprinkler in the pool and run it to keep the plaster wet/cool?
Sorry to hear your in my same boat. How much did you have to drain? Sounds like I need to exchange at least 50% of my water. I ordered a submersible pump. This could take a while!

I'm sure that's just making your summer (like mine). Did you drain the full 75% and then start your refill? Any idea how long that's going to take you? You are in my thoughts! Good luck!
Yeah a little shocking at first, pun intended haha. I used my pool pump to drain to waste which is plumbed to the sewer. It took about 12 hours to drain. Then about 18 hours to fill. Wasnt too bad.

Apologies! I meant when I go to do the water exchange if I leave the pool pump not running for however long it takes to do 15K-18K gallons (which if I'm doing my math right at 300gph would take about 60 hours total).
You'll have to watch everything pretty closely so you don't get an algae bloom because your FC got too low. Perhaps you can run two spigots for 600 gph.......that would probably eliminate any chlorine concerns......three would be even better assuming your sump pump can evacuate the water at around 15+ gpm (and I think most can).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.