What did you do to your pool today?

Go get your own BIG magnet on a stick for your yard. They will use theirs BUT they do miss some. I would walk a pattern going this way THEN walk another pattern going that way.

Even if you only find 1 that will make it worth while.

Kim

Thanks. Good idea. Like walking a grid for forensic evidence at a crime scene. (Will make no sense if you never read a Lincoln Rhymes novel .. Lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Are you talking about plugs for diving, or plugs for swimming in the pool since there was talk of an ear infection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking about diving, but I found docs pro plugs and have been reading about them. I believe the difference is vented vs. non vented. Looks like there are several makers of these types of plugs. And all are inexpensive at less than 20 per pair.

For the past few days I have done my general maintenance, brushing and whatnot so others can enjoy it. I have swimmers ear infection which is finally improving today. Can't get into the water until Friday [emoji17]

I put a capful of rubbing alcohol in each ear after swimming for just that reason. I started that when I was about 10-12 years old. I always had water getting stuck in my ear. I could move my head and hear it. The alcohol makes it evaporate. Never a problem in the last 20 years.

Thanks. Good idea. Like walking a grid for forensic evidence at a crime scene. (Will make no sense if you never read a Lincoln Rhymes novel .. Lol)

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about diving, but I found docs pro plugs and have been reading about them. I believe the difference is vented vs. non vented. Looks like there are several makers of these types of plugs. And all are inexpensive at less than 20 per pair.

What caused the ear infection in the first place? You didn't rupture your eardrum while diving did you? It would be cool to have earplugs where you didn't have to equalize your ear drums while diving. I wonder how comfortable they would be with all that pressure pushing on them. Probably wouldn't notice it much at pool depths.

Keep the cold away! Finally, 100+ last week and next week! Woohoo, bring the heat! Running my solar panels at night to lower the water temp to 87-88 in the morning. :paddle:

Yesterday had to pump a few inches out of the pool again. My rain gauge said 4.10" of rain Saturday night. Also started to spread some mulch around the pool, kind of tired of the mud. Good news is that after today, it's supposed to be sunny and no rain all week.

I put a capful of rubbing alcohol in each ear after swimming for just that reason. I started that when I was about 10-12 years old. I always had water getting stuck in my ear. I could move my head and hear it. The alcohol makes it evaporate. Never a problem in the last 20 years.

I normally use a 50/50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar... I generally use it every time I swim, but I had enjoyed way too many adult beverages for that.

It's mostly better today, I can hear again.

Spent all day decontaminating our stand-alone hot tub that we'd totally ignored all summer (unusual as we usually keep it running minimally cause the grandbabies like having their own "kiddie pool".

So I've been outside here all day filling/emptying/scrubbing/filling and sitting on the laptop while I monitor it. Needless to say it overflowed the sides once....ooops!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What caused the ear infection in the first place? You didn't rupture your eardrum while diving did you? It would be cool to have earplugs where you didn't have to equalize your ear drums while diving. I wonder how comfortable they would be with all that pressure pushing on them. Probably wouldn't notice it much at pool depths.

I'm not sure I really know what caused it. The eardrum is not ruptured. It was my first dive. Not even up to newbie status yet on this topic. Still well into dumb as the day I was born status. ;-)

Oh, Lisa, that is so sad! Nevermind the kiddos...what will YOU do now when they're in bed? ;)

And Patrick, of course I'm a friend...friends SHARE ;)
Re:

I decided to go ahead and drain it on Sunday. It was still sparkling and in balance because of TFP me keeping up with it. With all therein, the kids were not getting much swimming in anyway now that school started.

I go to bed as soon as the kids are in bed....lol I did not swim once this season.

Well, I returned from a 9 day trip during which my 17 y/o son tested and maintained the chemistry in the pool (and the hot tub!). When I got home, the pool was sparkling and perfect as was the hot tub! He kept notes of his test results and his additions to the pool, and he was right on the money. Woohoo! Now if I can just get him to stay around the house and do it every day instead of running around with his friends (yeah - right).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support