What did you do to your pool today?

Relaxed in my pool after a weeks vacation at south padre island. I see pool snob on my horizon. First thought walking past the hotel pool on the way to beach...ain’t getting in that thing.

Now it did have about 50 people it at 5 pm. Water looked horrible. But how am I going to keep my son out of it for 7 days?

On closer inspection the next morning I could clearly see the main drains...not the screws, but not every pool is perfect. So we might be alright. I swim under water all the time with no goggles. The first time under I came right back up with my eyes blazing. Needless to say I never went under again.

So what causes eyes to burn? PH way out of balance?

I've been really lazy and not testing anywhere near what I used to last year. So I finally tested and FC was low (compared to what I would have with proper CYA, but CYA was low too which actually made FC ok lol), PH was also high. I added MA, added liquid CYA, put in floater with 3 pucks in it, and turned up SWG... Then I noticed my "inspect cell" was flashing. Checked the cell and it was perfectly clean as always, hit the reset diagnostic and that's ok

I think I need to enjoy my pool a tiny bit less and test some stuff once in a while, in the meantime been in the water all day and it's been great despite the negligence. :drown:

Completed my weekly testing this morning. Cut the grass, changed out hair nets and skimmed the remaining grass off the top. Now its time for a cold one and some relaxing pool time!

(yesterday) Added 40lbs of salt (first time ever) and chased the 'crystals' around with my 5yr, after about 30min they were all dissolved and he was freaking out "THE WHITE GEMS ARE GONE!!", lol, (we have other pool gem dive toys) He informed me he did not like these toys, because they disappeared-ed :shaking2:

Thew in the aquabot, brushed, skimmed, checked chemicals, added a container of liquid chlorine. It later rained quite a bit later which actually made me happy considering my CYA is a little.

Deployed my new stairs brush (AKA kitchen dishes brush) in all the books and crannies. Regular brush always missed those spots.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kokopelli is in there cleaning my pool right now. Getting ready for the granddaughters’ swimming classes this week.

...I daydreamed about putting new knowledge to use.....imagined smelling the chlorine (if only slightly).....pictured my family thanking me profusely for all the hard work I’d done.....then I opened my eyes and there was still only 3” of rainwater in the pool. —————- At least it’s clear, so...small win.
Still no tanker truck; anyday now. ��

Did some testing... I'm getting my TA down in prep for some Boric Acid.... Got it to 70 with PH back up to 7.4.... almost there!

Took apart the Polaris Spa valve that redirects water. It was stuck solid... old owners NEVER clean/lubricated it???!!! Had to get some lubricant down in there to pull up the pieces.... it was stuck solid with sand particles everywhere.... I don't think they knew how to Rinse after a backwash maybe? Or.??? who knows.... anyhow, cleaned it all up... put some good PTFE pool lube on it... thing works like a champ now.

Also put some silicon around the non-working Polaris Eos spa control panel... just so it stayed in place and my 1 year old couldn't pull on it anymore.

Then added 3/4gal 12.5% chlorine and called it good for the day.

Found a colony of ants had taken up residence in the end of the pool pole. Guess that's a signal I should be using it more. When I grabbed it...stored 7' in the air to keep it away from bugs, mainly scorpions....a few ants were crawling on it. Seemed like the best plan was to bang it on the ground to knock 'em loose. Low and behold what seemed like a couple thousand more came pouring out the end with a couple thousand eggs. Glad all that didn't end up in the pool.

Next I found a water leak that made the pool's water usage of late make sense. We were out of town for a couple days the week before and our CYA is low so using a couple chlorine pucks seemed like the right decision. Tightening the lid all the way down is an important step.

What else...oh yeah, dumped a gallon of bleach and a little later a couple cups of acid.

I need to get back into my routine. Water looks great though.

Spent the mid day hours in pool with my Grandaughter. Brought it up to Slam level when we got out bc she very proudly told me she peed...in the pool. I tested first and the FC loss wasn’t bad at all and the CC was 1. Guess 3 yr old bladders are small.

Two granddaughters ages 4 and 2, swim lessons this afternoon. It looks like the 4 year-old will be a little fish by the end of the week, the 2 year-old, not so much.

SLAMmed! Failed OCLT this morning from kicking up the algae on the stairs yesterday, so SLAM. Wish me luck on tonight’s OCLT!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support