What did you do to your pool today?

Definitely did some beer drinkin in the pool this weekend! :cheers: Yep, we've got a cold front moving in this week. But, I'm not quitting yet. Solar cover is going on tomorrow.

Bumped up the fc. Hurricane Irma is coming so it will be time to start drinking after I get battened down. [emoji30]

I wish everyone to be safe in Florida and our surrounding states and we pray for all to be safe:)

Got a new liner.

1e78dcfc30bd22a140321add8d801572.jpg

Got one last swim/brush/circulate in before the wind/debris got too scary and the power goes out. I love swimming in the rain and approaching hurricanes are great for that since they are frequently without lightning! Bumped the FC and dropped the PH to prepare for massive, massive rain and aeration. Removed the skimmer basket lid, removed the skimmer basket surface skimmer thing, removed the timing screws, stored all of that in the shed with brush/hose/etc. Closed all the plumbing valves. Rinsed goggles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was surprised when I tested for FC and there still was some, after not tending to the pool after five days. I brushed and scooped leaves. Water still clear, temperature at 64 degrees.I also put away all the floats and supplies I won't need until next spring.

Removed the solar cover for swimming this weekend. It was a bit of a mess because leaves falling and solar covers don't mix. But, the water is 92 so not much complaining allowed!

Threw Mr T in the pool to clean up all the leaf litter from yesterday afternoon's microcyclone that touched down in my backyard.

Also, began to ponder my upcoming stratification water drain. Going to need a new submersible pump, some PVC parts and a couple of good hoses. I'm hoping I can drain the cooler, higher TDS water from the bottom while slowly adding warmer, low TDS fill water through the skimmer.

Here we go... started the heating season today by getting out the cover and rolling it out :)

I'll turn the solar heating on in the morning. Start temp is 19oC (66oF)

... crazy kids did 4 laps and then said the biggest 'thank you' when I said I'd start the heating. They asked if they could go inside and warm up while they waited. :(

Cleaned up from Irma this weekend. Since all the patio furniture and BBQ was stored indoors I started with power washing all the pavers inside the enclosure. That added to the crud in the bottom so I checked FC/CYYA. FC was down to normal (I raised to SLAM level just before the storm) CYA was low then I hopped in with dive mask/snorkel using the manual vacuum with a very short pole I vacuumed almost everything out. Checked the chemistry again and added 2 trichlor tablets (CYA is barely 40). Filter pressure us getting high so I'll clean today... I'm sure it's got a lot of sand in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support