What did you do to your pool today?

I hate autumn and winter!!! :(

Then you're not living in the right climate....maybe southern France or Monaco might be better??

I grew up and lived in the northeastern US and I loved, absolutely loved Fall - leaves changing colors, cooler days, sweater & shorts weather, drinks in the outdoor pubs, apple picking at the orchards, etc. I HATED winter - grey dreary and cold days, pitch black and freezing nights, snow to shovel, etc. When we moved to the southwestern US, I found my perfect climate - warm or HOT all year long with a mild cool "winter" that lasts 2 months.

Matt and I both live in Tucson because we both hate cold gray winters, and it has a low cost of living. We average well over 300 days of sunshine a year. In fact, I think the average is really 350. A day without sunshine is very rare here. I've become so used to it that a single gray day can begin to depress me. We get four seasons, but none are winter. Fall goes directly to spring, followed by early summer, monsoon and fall again. Monsoon just means we get these occasional beautiful, awesome thunderstorms.

I quit using the pool sometime late in November, and pool season begins again in April. Can you tell that we like our climate?

What's not to like about the climate you live in!

For some, the fact that a "nice" summer day is 104F (40c).

30 straight days over 100F and 10-20% relative humidity....puts a lot stress on landscaping and results in high water bills when you pay a municipal water supplier...

Trying to find out why my solar is not heating my pool and found out that the pump motor is fried. I thought it was perhaps the capacitor but sparks come from the motor and the breaker trips[emoji30] my buddy gave me a contact pool guy and it just happens that he has a replacement motor so he can't come out till tomorrow evening. Tested chems and all looks great so far. I hope he can get it replaced because we have a party on Sunday [emoji2]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice, a temporary infinity edge pool almost.

Clean and applied Aerospace 303 Protectant to the autocover. Also finally patched a hole in the autocover from rodents last winter. They chewed through the previous year's patch.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support