What did you do to your pool today?

New house and new pool in November. Didn't close it due to being busy moving and work and school. Was getting green tinge so started pump and added bleach. Also added 400 lbs salt and 12 boxes borax and 6 gal ma. Got 4 boxes and 2 gal to go when I get acid. Also discovered plumbing leaks. Just gotta maintain clear water for 3 weeks til school is out. Then the party begins!

Today...continued non-stop day dreaming and planning for pool. The official countdown has begun...10 days until we close on house and take control of The Beast!!! The Beast will be tame and compliant in my day dream. I am thinking about a solar cover to get the water warm enough faster...but I can't make up my mind. I have read so many pros and cons. I am not sure it will really work and what a PITA on size. I'm thinking I could cut it into five 10' strips to make it more manageable, but then I wonder if they will just sink to the bottom or blow on top of each other. It's very windy here in Oklahoma. I don't really want a reel sitting on my deck...but I'm not completely ruling it out. I'd rather roll the strips up in tarps...then I can lay the rolls along the fence on the long side of the pool for easy access. That's my plan if I decide to do it. I'm mainly just trying to get more swimming days, but I also like the reduced chemical and water costs. Some people say they don't add much heat...some say they do...sigh.

Crystal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Checked chems (all except cya- no sun today- and salt- did that last week)

Added bleach and MA. Trying to get my TA reduced to add borates. Ordered some test kits refills, ran the robot. Need to brush but will probably do that tomorrow... If the extended weather forecast holds out, we may be swimming in 4 or 5 weeks!! Whoop whoop!!

Pool is between 65-68 believe it or not. I too want a solar cover but the reviews r everywhere ! Good bad waste of money .... cleaned out all the tree stuff and checked skimmed baskets - it's an everyday thing now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pool is between 65-68 believe it or not. I too want a solar cover but the reviews r everywhere ! Good bad waste of money .... cleaned out all the tree stuff and checked skimmed baskets - it's an everyday thing now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really help save temperature loss at night or on really windy days, but to me they are a giant hassle.

Yea, and after my dumb dog ran out on it the second time that was the end of it. Really, its hard to deal with, and then there's the matter of where it goes after its off. Probaly worth it, but Im too lazy I guess.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support