What did you do to your pool today?

Busy morning! Full brush with the combo. Little bit of vacuuming with the Shark. Bi-monthly full test panel. Chem add. Several "full body" water checks. Webster detail (8 legged Devils have been busy). Lawn mow and blow. This is where it went south.....

....inadvertently blew a ton of crud into the pool. No, two tons. No problem, leaf net. Growing bored after 15 minutes of chasing everything that I'd blown in I developed a plan: Skimmer set to FULL ON, spa spillway set to ON, vs pump to MAX. Skimmer sock, do your thing. Small pool, 5 minutes, one beer; done, I'm a genius!

HAPPY FOURTH ALL!!!

Full panel of tests. Added acid. Story of my life after replaster. Brushed 1/4 of pool. Hop in and enjoy the fact I ran the cooler last night. Repeat 4 more times. 5th time for the hot tub. Wife and kids came out. Turned on music. Grabbed a couple of pool drinks and floated around and played with kids. Found out if I'm still and hang on the noodle, the Jets will slowly make me circle the pool. Guess I have a lazy (really lazy) river as well.

Heated it to get from 79 to 90 so slumber party kids could swim on a 67 degree day with steady rain. The things I do for my kids!

Also, forgot to dose it with bleach when the kids got out -- so I know what i'm doing at dawn.

I was going to say "Nothing, it was too chilly to swim, AGAIN!", but this morning I worked on putting poles up for my string lights I bought last winter. Hoping my idea works. Crossing my fingers, as it was a frugal way to do it. (I prefer frugal to cheap, ha ha.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pictures??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The bricks didn't stay, ha ha. I also added the patio blocks under the pump and cleaned up the area. We plan to put a boarder of river rock around the pool soon.

15dde75073f3e34380ea84c2e5b58265.jpg

5e4f59df7d1ac8068b9cd6f682443323.jpg

0fbfebbaac072f6acacbf71a775bd30b.jpg

Not sure why there was so much glare for the night shot. Took a better one with the regular camera, I will post it later. I used an 8' 2x2, dug down a fpot, used a little cement, and there ya go, lol. We miscalculated, so I need 1 more pole put up. We were having a party, so I improvised with the plant hanger for the night.

The bricks didn't stay, ha ha. I also added the patio blocks under the pump and cleaned up the area. We plan to put a boarder of river rock around the pool soon.

15dde75073f3e34380ea84c2e5b58265.jpg

5e4f59df7d1ac8068b9cd6f682443323.jpg

0fbfebbaac072f6acacbf71a775bd30b.jpg

Not sure why there was so much glare for the night shot. Took a better one with the regular camera, I will post it later. I used an 8' 2x2, dug down a fpot, used a little cement, and there ya go, lol. We miscalculated, so I need 1 more pole put up. We were having a party, so I improvised with the plant hanger for the night.
Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I finally got my new pool light installed a couple days ago. I was shopping for more Jack's purple stuff online earlier, and read this from some pool shop selling it on eBay.

If your pool is equipped with a salt generator, you absolutely need this product. If you don't use it, here's what will happen. The Purple Stuff is also a sequestering agent.(see definition under Blue Stuff information). Using salt adds "silica" to the pool water. You want this to stay in liquid form and not precipitate out (turn into a solid). If it does, your salt level(s) will decrease over time faster than what is considered normal. The biggest reason for using this product for salt pools is that the cell life (electrolytic cell), will be elongated. Replacement cells are somewhat expensive. Why replace it before you have to?

That has to be some of the most ridiculous stuff I've ever read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support