What did you do to your pool today?

Spring is coming then Kim!

My cover water has melted n I need to get the water off of it before it freezes again. Another month or so n I'll be taking the cover off! Yeaaaaa baby!!!

Brushed pollen, pollen and - yep, pollen from the sides of my pool. Seriously it's like it snowed pollen outside. Gross.

Skimmer socks help with that. Better to catch it all in a fine mesh nylon than clog your filter up with it.

As for me, I tested my water. Found I lost about 10ppm CYA from Aug 2015 until now. Bumped up SWG output a smidge and added acid to the pool. Otherwise the water is crystal clear and perfect...but still only 68F :(

Next task is to tear down the DE filter and deep clean it while the weather is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Giving those hair nets a workout in the skimmers. Soooo much pollen and those other dangly things that fall off the trees this time of year.
Watering twice a day to get the new grass around the pool to bed in.
Finally got MMG out to do a little warrantee patch on my pebblesheen.
Approaching time to clean the filter, swim time is coming.

Giving those hair nets a workout in the skimmers. Soooo much pollen and those other dangly things that fall off the trees this time of year.
Watering twice a day to get the new grass around the pool to bed in.
Finally got MMG out to do a little warrantee patch on my pebblesheen.
Approaching time to clean the filter, swim time is coming.

That's interesting. Let us know how the patch came out if you don't mind.

Just been watching pH in mine. I've let the TA creep up a little high, so I'm working it back down presently. At around 150 incoming, it doesn't take long. It's like baking soda coming out of my hose end. :mrgreen:

The patch looks good.
As it was small (3" across) they did it scuba, no draining.
They chip away the irregular area then paste it back up with matching aggregate and a slightly lighter plaster base.
Initially it looks lighter, but now, 2 days later, it is matched.

I've been testing, my CH is a little high - adding MA to drop my PH, then running waterfalls to raise it back.

See what I did there? Trying to talk like a seasoned TFPer. :party:

And cleaning pollen 2X a day. I need to clean my filter for the first time ever. It still doesn't "show" that I need to, but my PB said to clean 3X a year. I'm scared. I keep thinking what if I hook it back up and it doesn't work!

Might get up the nerve this weekend.

Water temp 68, changed my hair nets, did my testing/dosing, skimmed.
Time for first pool party of the season.
Tomorrow the spa will be hot, firepit lit, kids zip-lining, trampolining and in the pool.
Potluck is looking good with steamed shrimp, egg rolls, tandoori chicken, chicken chilli, apple dumplings and graham cracker/chocolate pudding cake.
Not to mention the moscow mules and craft beers.
Bring it on!

Stub plumbing and inspection done today. Gunite next!

Sooooooo exciting!

- - - Updated - - -

Water temp 68, changed my hair nets, did my testing/dosing, skimmed.
Time for first pool party of the season.
Tomorrow the spa will be hot, firepit lit, kids zip-lining, trampolining and in the pool.
Potluck is looking good with steamed shrimp, egg rolls, tandoori chicken, chicken chilli, apple dumplings and graham cracker/chocolate pudding cake.
Not to mention the moscow mules and craft beers.
Bring it on!

You guys getting IN the pool? Or just the hot tub? I'm chicken, it feels sooo cold still!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our red oaks have got the danglies out and they are aiming for the pool. Time to get ready for 24 hour skimming and basket emptying with a side order of leaf raking. Be very afraid!

Not with my super incredible efficient Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump! :super:
I run it at 1100 rpm for skimming and making chlorine and it only uses 150 watts. At 10.25c/kWh it costs less than 12 bucks a month to run 24x7! :party:

It was 80 degrees here yesterday. I was doing a lot of yard work and got hot, and the pool just looked too good not to take advantage of it.
So I jumped in to cool off! I came back out just about as fast too! Water is 62F. brrrr !

You're either braver, or crazier than me Dave, no way pal! Brrrrrrr!!!!!

Since I left my cover off I'll be joining in the all the fun with you pollen/tassel people this year. I didn't want you suffering without me, and my trees are just budding out. Woohooo!

:party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support