What did you do to your pool today?

Unsolicited advice tip-o-the-day: When you say "dump it while I brush it around," do you mean dump it all around the pool? I tried that once, but never again. Now I dump it all into the smallest pile I can make, in the shallow end. Then just poke at the pile with my brush, basically just trying to keep the pile as small as possible by brushing the salt onto itself. That is sooooo much less work, sooooo much faster. It dissolves in very quickly. A day later the mix into the water is the same.
Nope. I mean she stands outside of pool and dumps it overboard, and I brush.

Reactions: Dirk
CYA already dissolved when I got in. Dumped 80 pounds of salt - will retest in a couple of days. And water back up to 94 degrees. 🥵

Reactions: JamesW
Started aerating to raise pH to 8 so I can knock it back down and hopefully take TA down with it. My pool has resisted lowering TA for 5 years with normal MA additions, so this time I'm gonna acid the bejeezus out of it. Gallons of MA lined up quivering for their chance at the TA...

Started aerating to raise pH to 8 so I can knock it back down and hopefully take TA down with it. My pool has resisted lowering TA for 5 years with normal MA additions, so this time I'm gonna acid the bejeezus out of it. Gallons of MA lined up quivering for their chance at the TA...
What is your TA?

CYA already dissolved when I got in. Dumped 80 pounds of salt - will retest in a couple of days. And water back up to 94 degrees. 🥵
Fountain! I like the one I have because it has a slit you can open that allows you to still get the directional swirl effect from the jet so it doesn’t interfere with skimming by having it on there. This is probably very important when you only have one return jet.

Fountain! I like the one I have because it has a slit you can open that allows you to still get the directional swirl effect from the jet so it doesn’t interfere with skimming by having it on there. This is probably very important when you only have one return jet.

Does it raise your PH? And is it effective when the humidity is 8,000%?

Also, where did you get it?

Does it raise your PH?
Not that I have noticed - my ta is usually 60/70 though so my ph stays rock solid.
And is it effective when the humidity is 8,000%?
My humidity is 72% right now - I believe it’s closer to mid 60’s during the day & i am currently running it from 8:30 am to 8:30pm. We had a cooler spell for a minute so I took it off & just put it back on yesterday morning- my water is 87 degrees- it was 90. The evening temps have some to do with that too. But it does help over several days. My car said it was 103 degrees out today. Sometimes I will run it around the clock a couple days to help cool things down.

Also, where did you get it?
Amazon
Poolmaster 54507 Spa and Swimming Pool Waterfall Fountain, For Pools with 1.5-Inch Threaded Return Fitting, Medium, Multicolor Amazon.com
They sell the exact one for double that at my local pool place.
There are also ones with lights now 🤩
I made one out of pvc for my intex pool but never adapted it to this pool as it was inline with the plumbing & has 2” fittings on it.
I did have to add zip ties to this one to keep it from blowing the holy pipe off but to be fair the one I got was from amazon warehouse for a reduced price so it may have been missing a piece.

Reactions: kellyfair
I finished the installation of the cage for my pool's temperature sensor. I'd have to give myself a B-. It works well, but doesn't look all that great, not quite as nice as I had hoped. In a few days I'll forget all about it. That's how I usually resolve any of my projects that torment my OCD. I just wait it out...

Deets are here.

Next project: calcium ring!! (I can't stall any longer.)

• Love
Reactions: kimkats and newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not that I have noticed - my ta is usually 60/70 though so my ph stays rock solid.

My humidity is 72% right now - I believe it’s closer to mid 60’s during the day & i am currently running it from 8:30 am to 8:30pm. We had a cooler spell for a minute so I took it off & just put it back on yesterday morning- my water is 87 degrees- it was 90. The evening temps have some to do with that too. But it does help over several days. My car said it was 103 degrees out today. Sometimes I will run it around the clock a couple days to help cool things down.

Amazon
Poolmaster 54507 Spa and Swimming Pool Waterfall Fountain, For Pools with 1.5-Inch Threaded Return Fitting, Medium, Multicolor Amazon.com
They sell the exact one for double that at my local pool place.
There are also ones with lights now 🤩
I made one out of pvc for my intex pool but never adapted it to this pool as it was inline with the plumbing & has 2” fittings on it.
I did have to add zip ties to this one to keep it from blowing the holy pipe off but to be fair the one I got was from amazon warehouse for a reduced price so it may have been missing a piece.

Ordered! Thank you!

Reactions: Mdragger88
At least they'd float, helping considerably. 😁
Also I worry about algae if they don’t dry out good- then how would you clean them?
we all know about the styrofoam algae thing.
I have 2 bean bag chairs that need to go live somewhere else right now lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: newdude
I have a fear of the styrofoam balls ending up everywhere- hard pass ✋🏽

We don’t leave floats in pool when we aren’t using them, so we’ll see if there is any fraying, etc. They were cheap (unlike my fabulous foam lounge) so if we only get a couple of seasons out of them, that’s ok!

We don’t leave floats in pool when we aren’t using them, so we’ll see if there is any fraying, etc. They were cheap (unlike my fabulous foam lounge) so if we only get a couple of seasons out of them, that’s ok!
I have been eyeballing that big joe lounger every time I go to Sam’s 👀
It does look comfy- my luck a mouse would eat it over the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support