What did you do to your pool today?

I attempted to clean the solar pool cover but I got side tracked by a couple of these[emoji50]
b8a9c95d4e15f615aa4e9854d2e2fb8d.jpg

Neighbor left an outdoor tap running for 30 hrs. It ran through the garden beds and into the french drains and the pool's perimeter drain for a while, but then overcame the capacity. The grass is saturated as well. So far 10 minutes of pool draining, plus God only knows how much through the pool's overflow, and slightly cloudy water. I convinced myself it was greenish but my wife didn't agree. Raised FC to 20% of CYA, and got a 3 ppm overnight chlorine loss. SLAMing at 32 ppm FC now. [< Insert grimace with colourful language here. >] Last few beautiful days of swimming around here and would have preferred it at the nice steady 4 to 8 ppm FC I had it at.

But... I am SO happy I've learned TFPC and I know what to do to get it back quickly :)

Neighbor left an outdoor tap running for 30 hrs. It ran through the garden beds and into the french drains and the pool's perimeter drain for a while, but then overcame the capacity. The grass is saturated as well. So far 10 minutes of pool draining, plus God only knows how much through the pool's overflow, and slightly cloudy water. I convinced myself it was greenish but my wife didn't agree. Raised FC to 20% of CYA, and got a 3 ppm overnight chlorine loss. SLAMing at 32 ppm FC now. [< Insert grimace with colourful language here. >] Last few beautiful days of swimming around here and would have preferred it at the nice steady 4 to 8 ppm FC I had it at.

But... I am SO happy I've learned TFPC and I know what to do to get it back quickly :)

Noooo [emoji31] You will have it sorted in no time, just would have been nicer not to have to deal with it in the first place.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On Monday, I'll be filling my pool and starting the vac to waste. I'll have 2 off days to clear the bottom of the pool of pine needles and algae sludge. It's getting greener as the days go by. I'll start the SLAM on the 22nd when I start a 2 week vacation because the DEfilter needs a baby sitter. This will be the first time clearing a green swamp for me. :mrgreen:

Going out every 1/2 hour and cleaning off the piles of leaves and debris falling from the sky.
We’re having high winds here today with blowing dust, and it’s trashing my pool!! :rant:

I shut my pump down till tomorrow when this storm is over with. :grrrr:

Checked to see how frozen the water still is.
Checked forecast, 30's this weekend with some snow.
Looked at my Wife's cat, he took off running.
So far 3 weeks behind last year, saving on water treatment this year. Starting to get that Clark Griswold feeling looking out windows.

Going out every 1/2 hour and cleaning off the piles of leaves and debris falling from the sky.
We’re having high winds here today with blowing dust, and it’s trashing my pool!! :rant:

I shut my pump down till tomorrow when this storm is over with. :grrrr:

In Tucson... Basically my entire yard was in the pool yesterday. Came close to ordering one of those top-skimming robot do-hickies.

Scrubbed the floors and walls, let the Poolvergnuegen do the rest. tested my FC and PH which was low so I extended my SWG run time to 6 hours, vacuumed the patio, and several other chores. In between all them I did a heck of a lot of swimming :drown:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support