What are your thoughts on this?

Where is your pool at? Can you show a little more of your plan to include the pool? I would consider that in your layout as well. I have a low bar that you can sit at to converse with the cooks, but also serves as seating for people wanting to overlook the pool. I still like the original layout with the hibachi in the center of the U and the Kegerator on the end. I just noticed that you have FOUR cooking places (boil, grill, side burner, hibachi). That rocks! I thought I was crazy doing three (smoker, grill, side burner). Now I need to expand :D The extra row of drawers does make the center look awfully wide, but your layout is almost identical to mine and it seems like people tend to congregate right in the middle for some reason. I have 5' in that middle section and I would not want any less. I guess some of time the food gets placed on the center counters and you have people moving in and out to fill plates, etc. Its gets tight in there at times.

Where is your pool at? Can you show a little more of your plan to include the pool? I would consider that in your layout as well. I have a low bar that you can sit at to converse with the cooks, but also serves as seating for people wanting to overlook the pool. I still like the original layout with the hibachi in the center of the U and the Kegerator on the end. I just noticed that you have FOUR cooking places (boil, grill, side burner, hibachi). That rocks! I thought I was crazy doing three (smoker, grill, side burner). Now I need to expand :D The extra row of drawers does make the center look awfully wide, but your layout is almost identical to mine and it seems like people tend to congregate right in the middle for some reason. I have 5' in that middle section and I would not want any less. I guess some of time the food gets placed on the center counters and you have people moving in and out to fill plates, etc. Its gets tight in there at times.

Thanks Riles, I think I'll go with the 6' then. The pool is going to be of the right front corner of the U. How important are the drawers out there, do you have to have as many as you can fit? If I do the 16" triple drawers on the sides of the Hibachi it will make the center section 9' wide thus making the island 15' wide. If I go 15', it may cut off too much space to get to the slide area. I already have the stubs coming up and placed them so I could have the island 3' from the screen. Here is a pic of the layout...

The kitchen will be where the patio table is in the lower right corner...

pooldraw.jpg

In this pic, behind the loungers:

IMG_2031.jpg

Build thread in my sig...

I guess I should also mention, I do not need any of the doors for propane bottles. I installed a 500 gallon propane tank just for the pool and I split the lines by the heater and am running 10psi to the kitchen, for the crawifish burner. :) That pieces is a necessity. I already have the 40" grill, a 21" door was delivered today, and the double burner, 2 drawer unit, and a 40" double door will be delivered this week. I also already have the 48" grill as well.

Got it. Nice place! I think your layout looks great. As far as drawers go, I don't have any. I have two open spaces beneath my grill and my sink and they don't really get used that much. I have a slide out trash that is nice but to be honest is not entirely utilized well either. I'm sure if I had drawers I would fill them up with things but being open to the elements and critters, ants, etc. it limits what I could keep out there permanently. I can't say I regret not putting them in.

Riles

Thanks!

Yea, I was thinking along those lines as well. Also, with the garbage can too. I already have a garbage can out there and can buy another matching one to put against the wall specifically for the kitchen. I really didn't see the point in putting a dinky slide out one in the kitchen walls.

- - - Updated - - -

How much space do you need between the appliances and/or drawers, doors, etc... ? I'm figuring 6" between the overall all dimensions (not the cutout dimensions) to get my measurements...

How important are the drawers out there, do you have to have as many as you can fit?
IMO-drawers are very important. More so the further from the house you are. More drawers are one of the main thing's I would change on my set-up (it'll get done eventually). Heck you have the space. The goal is to store, eat and clean in one spot; my stuff is outside, my "boss" stuff inside. I would also consider at least a french-drain (extension of perforated lines throughout the yard-I think that's what it's called). The sink "bucket-catch" is only going to attract bugs and varmits. You're out in the boonies, take advantage of it. Can't wait to see the progress pics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.