What are best sources of chlorine?

Where to raise the CYA depends on how much FC you lose to the sun each day. If you do decide to raise CYA, granular is cheaper, you just have to wait for it all to dissolve. I'm not sure what "shock" you are referring to in question 2, as shock is never needed in a properly maintained pool. Are you referring to LC shock, or dichlor, or Cal-Hypo?

"shock" is 10% bleach sold as SHOCK product name.

I just thought raising cya would mean less bleach.

I had to shock because i fell off the wagon a couple of times and FC dropped to less than 1. It meant lots of work, so trying to reprogram the pool guy to have regular testing. I expected to have to add chlorine today, as I winged it yesterday. FC was low so I just fudged the amount to add. Turns out guessed close enough.

I'll look at swg pool later. this month it's replace the single speed pump with variable speed. in fall we're going to revisit the plastering issue, and if go to swg, that would be the time to make the switch. Biggest hesitation with SWG is the swimming experience. Don't have experience with it SW pool and fear burning eyes or skin irritation.

Less burning eyes and less skin irritation with salt. You can run a lower chlorine content, and the salt in the pool is closer to the salt content of your eyes. I'd be very surprised if anyone ever told you differently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.