Wet Edge Pool finish discoloration

Allyson H

Aug 16, 2023
Tampa
Moved from here.
Yes this is happening to me and I’ve been back and forth arguing with the Wet Edge private plaster company, (Edit by Mod) who came out. They keep telling me it’s a “chemistry issue” but from the jump it looked horrible. They came out 4 weeks later and acid washed, now it’s developing again and I guess I’ll have to call Wet Edge because I’m left without any understanding or appreciation as to what to do.

IMG_1299.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell from the picture, is it the darker area or is that a reflection of you in the water?

Surface looks pretty exposed, how does it feel?
Hey, thanks for reply. we actually took some time and tried to find a good pool service company to assist. Still looks the same. So I decided to take a video today underwater. Wetedge was little help- advised to test for staining ID. Going to do a test w the Jacks Magic ID tomorrow. I guess if that’s negative we know it’s more of an application issue. Not sure how far I’ll get with plaster company. Pool builder and I had a falling out unfortunately… Any opinions on the state of this Wet Edge Glossy Black? Only 6 months old. Chemistries always maintained, brushed weekly sometimes more. Looks like Ashy Black to me 🤣 I’m trying to laugh, but inside frustrated from being minimized and gaslighted. Looks pretty good w pump running, otherwise can notice the grey/white plaster. Check it out here:
happy new year! 🎆

Being Blamed for Plaster Discolorations? Don't Get HoodwinkedSome newly plastered pools (including quartz and pebble finishes) may develop either white soft spotting (also called "spot etching" by some plasterers), streaking, calcium nodules, gray mottling discoloration, spalling (flaking), or severe craze (check) cracking within a few months after being plastered, and whoever has been maintaining the water is often incorrectly blamed for those plaster problems and defects.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.