We're baackk, more on the replaster saga in Indialantic FLA

Florida re-plaster is done now what about the acid HELP?!?

:party:

The plaster is done now we are unsure of how long to keep the pump off to let the acid do it's thing.
Apparently the plasterer has dumped the acid in after pool was filled, did not do an acid wash before filling, should we put anything else in yet.

I read the chemistry section but it really is not clear for re-plaster and there seems to be several opinions out there.

Does anyone have their 2cents worth to chime in?

I'm sooooo longing for Sparklypoolitis...

I imagine Joe will be along w/pics soon. :mrgreen:

Re: We're baaackkk, more on the replaster saga in Indialanti

So, the pool itself is finally starting to look like something, the rest of the yard looks like a war zone!

Besides the re-plaster mess there were actually numerous leaks and cracked plumbing, bad plumbing, good money after bad, improperly installed filter, light niche not done correctly, drains plugged instead of fixed, the list goes on. Maybe I can get Joey to highlight some of the stuff.
I have been sooooo disgusted that I kinda dropped off the sight for a bit but, I couldn't sleep so I wandered over, came upon Karl's new build and got inspired to update our story with some pics and quips.
I have to say Thank God for my pal Joe and his sons!

I finally ended up having to threaten or actually Joe did the re-plaster guy by holding the last payment until they got done.
Then, I fired my pool girl, (she did the actual recommending of said guy) she argued with Joe and I over some of the equipment, screwed up some of the plumbing and I caught her in a lie nuff said, she went quietly.

The spa was not working at all, drain plugged, jets rigged etc. Joe has it all fixed now and hopefully will be putting water in this week.
So, I am going to attach the updated pics all comments and suggestions encouraged and graciously accepted.
We now have to finish the yard, what type of materials do any of you recommend? Since we ripped up the old rotted deck and evicted all the critters there is a concrete rim around the pool and then just dirt and sand...
Ok, Ok, enough of my whining here come the pics...

Re: UPDATE: Florida re-plaster/the plaster is done!!!what ne

More pics.[attachment=2:9nkrh3oi]100_1280.JPG[/attachment:9nkrh3oi][attachment=1:9nkrh3oi]100_1281.JPG[/attachment:9nkrh3oi][attachment=0:9nkrh3oi]100_1282.JPG[/attachment:9nkrh3oi]

[attachment=2:27gmp7k2]I see you.JPG[/attachment:27gmp7k2][attachment=1:27gmp7k2]100_1301.JPG[/attachment:27gmp7k2] leaks leaks leaks[attachment=0:27gmp7k2]100_1302.JPG[/attachment:27gmp7k2]

I forgot this pic earlier...[attachment=0:3ikweaey]Must use barrell!.JPG[/attachment:3ikweaey]

Indialantic code, Must use a Barrell!!!
The guy actually started without it, sheesh!!!

Re: We're baaackkk, more on the replaster saga in Indialanti

AND....This is the latest taken March 27th[attachment=0:2mwn4hwg]Getting there.2.jpg[/attachment:2mwn4hwg]

I can almost touch it, I know it is there, the elusive sparklypool is almost within my grasp.

Now, for the rest of the yard some nice pavers and hopefully no more leaks.

Will have pics of the equip. area soon. That has also been completly cleaned out, new concrete pad, stainless rack etc. :party:

Re: We're baackk, more on the replaster saga in Indialantic

Looks outstanding! The weather has been cooperating for the most part during the past month ... looking forward to more updates!

Be well, Neighbor!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.