Retroquirk

Jun 20, 2023
FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Built a 24’ round above ground and started filling the pool from the well. Didn’t really consider filtering the hose until it was about 1ft deep a few hours later and I realize the water has a green tint to it already. Been reading about the pain metals in pools can be. How screwed am I?

I heard of a service that’ll give me 12k gallons of clean water for around $800. Should I just start over and pay for clean water!? Or battle this metal in the pool from the very start? Is it futile? I have not added anything yet other than a bobby to the end of the hose and the salt to the pool. The water isn’t even high enough yet to utilize pump or filter /swg. Probably 3/4 full.

I have two toddlers and I’m daddy day care all day the last thing I have is time to deal with these unexpected issues lol. Thanks for any advice.

Hi Retro - Until the experts respond you may find some background info on Metals. (For some reason my Search is't working at the moment)
Also, when you get a chance, consider Creating your Signature. It will help get tailored responses to your questions. :wave:

Reactions: Retroquirk
Thanks all so far, should I still get some chlorine into this thing ASAP? Because I’ve read that the AA treatments and such require no chlorine, but I don’t want to start battling algae too, not sure what to do

You need chlorine. No more than 3ppm. Filter out any iron that oxidizes.
Thanks I’ll get some chlorine/bleach in there. The water level still isn’t to the level of being able to use my pump and filter/swg. Once I get things turned on I’m hopefully able to use the poly bucket filter method to cleanse the water of the iron.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.