Well, this should be interesting....

Test results this morning.

pH 7.5 (we think)
FC 9.5 (believe same as last night...added extra drop and called it 10 last night)
CC <0.5
CH 250? This test is weird. It goes from pink to blue? I originally called it 200
TA 210
CYA 20-30

Do these numbers make sense? I still have some white stuff in the deep end that I'm having trouble getting scraped off. The previously mentioned scale in the shallow end, I was able to finally get up and vacuum out.

We can clearly see the drain at the bottom of the deep end. If the storms pass today, we hope to vacuum and brush again.

Sounds like you are almost there.

When we were first given our pool, we replaced the liner due to high amounts of calcium scaling at the waterline. Everything else that usually stayed in the water had varying amounts of scaling on it. I maintained a CSI in the negative numbers throughout that first year, and by closing time all traces of scale were gone. Of course, my CH increased, but not significantly.

PoolMath would probably help you to see what you would need to change to start dissolving the scale with negative CSI.

Oh, I also achieved great success last evening. I got in to try to scrape more and there was an area where the liner had pulled away just a bit out of it's "groove" near the ladder. I was able to get it back in. I was quite happy with this because the liner is less than 2 years old.

Good job! Saved yourself a huge headache.

Do note, you will still have quite a bit of scale left on the liner even after scraping, so a negative CSI would still be indicated for a season. Just don't go too far with it.

Ok. Good to know. I'm going to get what I can out of the pool and brush some more to see if any more comes off, but knowing that this isn't totally unexpected is helpful. I assume we are ok to swim and just work on it?

Also, in the corners, how "tight" against the wall should one expect the vinyl to be?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.