Well, here we go

Progress! Got the concrete for the deck poured, and the dirt evened out (no pics after dirt removal). I was really impressed with the way they poured the deck. About 8-10" of stone was laid underneath the concrete to stabilize the ever-shifting soil out here and try to prevent cracking. Pics!

Oh, and our pool is really deep...I'm 6'2

It's been a little while since I last updated, and a lot has happened. We definitely didn't hit our ETA for the pool completion...it's still being worked on...but that's okay. Rain and that weird cold spell in November put us way behind, but it's getting there.

We decided to go with WetEdge Pearl in the Northshore Tahoe color. Wanted to go a bit darker, but didn't want to pay for it. Plaster went down without a hitch except for a few odd darker areas that look like leak marks from our bubblers(not pictured). Not sure if it's worth having them chip that out and repair it or not. The plaster appeared a little mottled when dry, but it brushed out/isn't noticeable anywhere but on the sunledge now that the pool is filled. Pics:

We were pretty excited to start filling the pool.

Our baby wanted to jump in the water so badly...this is her reaction when we told her no:

It took a week and a half or so to get the electrical hooked up and the SunDek applied, but finally happened over Thanksgiving weekend.

We're not able to swim just yet, but we're finding other ways to enjoy the big hole full of water in our backyard:

Just waiting on the final inspection, sanding/sealing of coping, and Pool School now. Oh, and weather nice enough for me to lay about 5 pallets of sod...

Don't chip out and re-do....it will never match and look worse than anything you already have.

With WetEdge Pearl Matrix, any mottling/streaking that appears before filling will seemingly disappear once it's full of water. This has been my journey over the last 5 days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.